One entry visa???

pashapuffy

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys

My mom went to the embassy and got what the officer reffered to as 'a one entry visa'. It will be mailed to her, so we have not seen it yet, but my question what does that mean. I know it sound self explanatory but my sister was told the same thing and when she got it - it was basically a one year visa (B1/B2). It did not state specifically that it was ONE ENTRY - so does anyone have experience with this kind of thing.

I really need some help on this one - ANYONE....:confused: :confused:

I have experience with single entry visa , You can enter USA "once" and has may be 1 yr validity.

Multiple entry visa is represented by "M" in the Visa sticker

if the VO was not entirely convinced of the ties to country this can happen.

When you get the passport back, and look under entries 'M' indicates mutliple entry visa nad anything else might be a number in this case 1.

What this means is during the validity of the stamp your mom can enter USA only once (even going for vacation to Bahama/Canada/Mexico) will be counted as reentry. So be careful. Make this stay a short sewwt one and apply a second time for next visa. This will establish her intent and will facilitate her getting a longer visa the next time

Pashapuffy,
Your mother needs to utilise her single entry visa wisely. It may pave way for her to receive a 10 year multiple entry visa next time. Worst case, she may never get another US visa. So she needs to utilise it very carefully. A well timed short visa would do her best.

Hi guys

Thank you for all the answers. My mom got the visa. It does actually say 'one entry' and is only valid for 4 months Sept 18 2007 till Jan 18 2008. We are happy they finally gave her a chance so we are planning on her visting for - I say 2 months - most of my family say 2 weeks and my husband say 1 month - lol.

So now we have THAT issue on the table ! I am getting her a 30 day ticket and if she gets extra time at immigration - then we take it from there...

Question about the visa

Hi guys

Thank you all for being so helpful in answering my questions. I have another one....I just became aware that that my Mom's visa has a stipulation that says "travelling with daughter". This came about because my Mom had gone 3 times overs the years to try and get the visa and was constantly turned down - and during that time my younger sister got a one year and then later a 10 year visa. So in applying this time - my Mom brought my sisters passport and told them she was travelling with her on vacation - which was true - except that now my sister has changed her travel plans to next year easter - which by then would make my Mom's visa expired...

Do you think travelling without my sister will pose a problem ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that she will find out only at the POE. Depending on the admitting officer, it can either be a non-issue or something that may invite a few extra questions. Your mother needs to tell the officer exactly what you have told us. Hopefully she will have a smooth time at the POE.

Do you think travelling without my sister will pose a problem ?

Annotation issues

Thank you guys for all your input in my Mom's case.

Update - we called the embassy to see if we could have the visa extended to next year and was told - use it now or lose it - basically. So we have changed plans whereby my Mom will come in Dec for 2 weeks with my sister.

But I would love to know if this annotation thing is new and if anyone can share their travelling experiences with regards to it....