One Day Gap in I-797 Notice of Action

Josh818

Registered Users (C)
Hello,

My I-797 for 7th H1B extension expires on May14, 2007 and the 8th year approval start date is on May16, 2007. There is one-day gap between the approvals. This error is also reflected in I-129 application. Looks like this is a clerical error from attorney’s office .

I'm going to India for H1B visa stamping by end of May 2007.

Is this an issue for my 8th year extension visa ?. Anyone with similar experience?

Thanks,
Josh

Do you have your H1 receipt?. Check what was the receipt date.? If the applicationreceived date is before your old H1 expiry date, you no need to worry about your new h1 start date.
-----------------------------------------------

Hello,

My I-797 for 7th H1B extension expires on May14, 2007 and the 8th year approval start date is on May16, 2007. There is one-day gap between the approvals. This error is also reflected in I-129 application. Looks like this is a clerical error from attorney’s office .

I'm going to India for H1B visa stamping by end of May 2007.

Is this an issue for my 8th year extension visa ?. Anyone with similar experience?

Thanks,
Josh

Great Guru, Thank a million for your speedy response.

I don't have the receipt date handy. I think the H1 extension was filed in mid December, almost 5 months before the expiry of the current I-797.

Thanks,
Josh

Then you are alright. Nothing to worry.

Great Guru, Thank a million for your speedy response.

I don't have the receipt date handy. I think the H1 extension was filed in mid December, almost 5 months before the expiry of the current I-797.

Thanks,
Josh