One confirmed good news

No Title

5thYearNSC, you are wrong!

It is true that the AC21 memorandum is not a final rule (which will be issued later). However, the memorandum describes procedures which are effective immediately! You do not have to wait for the final rule.

The first page of the memorandum says as much:

"... The memo outlines proper procedures for handling cases affected by the new statutes. Untill regulations are promulgated, I ask that the field offices follow the interim procedures in the attached policy. The policy is effective immediately."

One could not be more clear than that.

No Title

Alex_Dude, can you elaborate on "start I485" again? My impression is that all they need are a couple of letters.

Guys, does a shift in geographical location have any impact on AC21? I only see "similar" job, not "same metropolian area". However, I heared rumor floating around about it being a necessity.

No Title

In my opinion, one must be employed in the same location with the same job description, for example , if you had applied for software engineer with Masters, you should have the same or something which has to have a Masters request. Otherwise your category may not be considered.

Nirvana1

No Title

My I485 is overdue(ND 03/00) but NSC misplaced my I140 Amended with no light in sight. I am in a kind of limbo. Adding to that mess is that my company is closing down its local office and I am offered a job in a different State, actually different coast in this matter.

1. I could move to within the same company but differen geographical area. Or,
2. I could stay in my city and find a similar job.

Lacking a crystal ball, which door should I open, gurus?