One appointment per family is not sufficient at San Jose

xyz_visa

Registered Users (C)
We went for GC stamping today with just one appoinment for family.
As per the officer on infopass counter, we had to have independent appointments for both primary and dependent..
She sent us to the next window to see if we can get another appointment for today or not. We got another appointment 45 min after the first appointments..

Stamping process is simple. office took EAD, Parole and I-94, took FP and stamp the passport. As per office we should get actual card within 6 months..

xyz_visa

Congrats xyz_visa.

Did they ask for all EAD cards that you had (current unexpired and the expired ones) during the stamping ?

I had taken only one appt for family. But now to get another I can not find same time slot. Next slot is couple of days later.

My question is do they enforce this strictly? How can I get another appt in or around same time slot as online info pass does not let me do that.

I was told yesterday at San Jose center that one appointment per family is enough. I have only one for this week. Could not find another one this week.

I guess you were the people right behind me and then got ahead of me once we passed security. I hope things went well for you. Your wife got her passport stamped just before me.

xyz_visa said:
We went for GC stamping today with just one appoinment for family.
As per the officer on infopass counter, we had to have independent appointments for both primary and dependent..
She sent us to the next window to see if we can get another appointment for today or not. We got another appointment 45 min after the first appointments..

Stamping process is simple. office took EAD, Parole and I-94, took FP and stamp the passport. As per office we should get actual card within 6 months..

xyz_visa

cagcwaiter, aqua_na

I am also in the same situation. I am planning to go tomorrow with one appointment, will update this thread once I am back from INS.

xyz_visa

Since we had just appointment, I told the lady office that it is not clear on infopass webpage that we need separate appointments. she told me to go to the next window to get an infopass appointment. Lady on the next window talked with the earlier office and then she printed out another appointment letter schedule for 30 mins after the first one..
I guess if you argued that, it is not clear on the web, they will accomodate you.

we just gave them current EAD, current Ad parole and I94. No expired EAD and parole is needed..

once we get a call, for the stamping it was very fast and we were out of the office in 60 mins..

infopass

My wife and myself just got our GC stamped today and I took 2 appointments one for my wife and one for myself.

From what I have seen and asked is that we have to go to 2 seperate counters

What to do with earlier I-94s

At the time of PP stamping only latest I-94 which is attached to the PP is submitted. What to do with I-94 that were expired and came with H1 extensions. Should we archive them for our future references or turn them in the Airport. Doing so, will Airport/BCIS think that we overstayed??. Any thoughts on this please. Also if I-94 not presented at the airport while leaving out of US will Airport/BCIS object to it. How to convince them that it submitted to BCIS.

PP Stamping

Which type of photograpy do they accept? ADIT style or regular passport photo?
I am also going for stamping this Friday at San Jose. I have made 2 appointments one for me and one for my wife.
Thanks.

Ktvenkat:
I took regular passport photos and the accepted them. I would recommend you do the same.

ktvenkat said:
Which type of photograpy do they accept? ADIT style or regular passport photo?
I am also going for stamping this Friday at San Jose. I have made 2 appointments one for me and one for my wife.
Thanks.

photograps

Yeah passport photos should be ok.
We took both.

the officer I went to took my passport photograps and the officer my wife went to asked my wife which photograp she prefers and my wife choose the ADIT style

hi..to those who used infopass...how much time does it take to complete the process ? lets say if i have a appointment at 10.00, do you think i shd be done in max 1.5 hrs ?
thanks..

within 2 hours if you have an appointment.

If you have an Info pass appointment you should be out within 1 to 2 hours..
We were out in 1 hour, though we had to wait for 2nd appointment which was 30 mins after the first one.. If you have all your appointment around same time, you will also be out very quickly..

xyz_visa