Once your I-485 is approved what next?

pmpforgc

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends

I and my family member just received our cards today ( EB-2 Sch-A 22 Aug 2006 India) Thanks for all your supportin this difficult journey.

I have last few questions regarding GC.

Once your I-485 is approved and GC received -

1) Is it neccessary to get stamped in passport, even if you get actual green cards?

(2) What happens to your I-94's that you currently have, if you dont go for stamping?

(3) How long one needs to stay with sposoring employer before changing job (after getting actual GC)?

Hope guidance from experienced members

thanks

Dear friends

I and my family member just received our cards today ( EB-2 Sch-A 22 Aug 2006 India) Thanks for all your supportin this difficult journey.

I have last few questions regarding GC.

Once your I-485 is approved and GC received -

1) Is it neccessary to get stamped in passport, even if you get actual green cards?

(2) What happens to your I-94's that you currently have, if you dont go for stamping?

(3) How long one needs to stay with sposoring employer before changing job (after getting actual GC)?

Hope guidance from experienced members

thanks

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D Now, about your questions,

(1) No, it is not necessary. Just make sure and have your GC(s) with you when you travel.

(2) They may still want to take your [most recent] I-94 card(s) away at the airport when you leave the U.S. (they took mine), while verifying that you have GC(s) as well (make sure you point out that fact first).

(3) I'm not 100% sure, as my case was employer-independent, but I've read posts that mentioned 6 months.

Hope this helps. Again, welcome to the GC club! :)

I was searching for answers to the above questions since yesterday, when I have received the approval emails from CRIS. Thanks for the questions and answers. Next time when we land in USA, will not we have I-94 any more? I have seen in some of the forums, members were talking about finger prints after the AOS approved. What else we need to do after getting the cards? Thanks