Once I got the EAD, how soon should I go to get my SSN?

belacut

Registered Users (C)
I remember, someone said, don't go it right away as their system is not being updated that quick.
Anyone did that before? :confused:

I applied SSN the very next day of receiving EAD and got the it in 10 days. don't think it's necessary to wait.

I applied SSN the very next day of receiving EAD and got the it in 10 days. don't think it's necessary to wait.

Got my EAD 9/26, went to local SS office to get me SSN 9/28. Takes me about 10 mins to fill the form wait with a number and took another 2 mins to speak to the clerk. Clerk said, the SSN should arriving in 7-10 days.

Got my EAD 9/26, went to local SS office to get me SSN 9/28. Takes me about 10 mins to fill the form wait with a number and took another 2 mins to speak to the clerk. Clerk said, the SSN should arriving in 7-10 days.

We got our EAD cards yesterday. I work on H1. My wife is on H4 and wants to work using the EAD. She may join the new company in two months from now. When she should apply for SSN ?

tHANK YOU.

wife's EAD approved on 10/04. She got it in mail 10/11. Went by local SSA office and applied for SSN 10/12. Verification went through immediately and she was told to expect the card in 5-10 days.