On Visitors visa and want to start and run a business...

funvin

My dad is an Indian citizen, owns a business in India, and has a US visitors visa. He wants to start (and operate) a motel in partnership with a US citizen friend of his. I am sure he will need a different visa (L1 I think).
But how should he go about doing this? :confused:

My dad is an Indian citizen, owns a business in India, and has a US visitors visa. He wants to start (and operate) a motel in partnership with a US citizen friend of his. I am sure he will need a different visa (L1 I think).
But how should he go about doing this? :confused:

Hi

If your father want a way to a green card the best way to do this is by applying for an L1 visa through his exisiting company in India

He can set up USA company subsidery and share ratio MUST be same as company in India

Not a good idea to have a partner !

Maybe when he gets green card but not before

starting a subsidiary in the US

Hi! is it hard to put up a subsidiary office in the US? What are the requirements? thank you

Setting up a subsidiary in US is straight forward. Any accountant or lawyer can do it for you. Getting the L1 might be difficult if its a small operation.

Do they have the requirement of getting L1 VISA on the new established company? Could we use the establish company which register in Delaware State? I have found there are some website that have forming service.