On the way to Officer

mon14r

Registered Users (C)
Does any body has any clue, what is this mean per my conversation with INS officer "the case is will assign soon to the officer".

Soon means How long...

please post your details

I spoke to the officer today and got a reply that my case is still not with an officer and that it would take 30 to 90 days for a decision on my case.

Please post your details. thanks

RD 05/04/01
ND 05/25/01
Got second EAD recenlty

I think that is the common routine.. You should not worry too much about the other cases.. In INS world you cannot compare by RD/ND with other cases.. I mean it.. They might be lucky to get it.. Not always.. There are lot of other cases since Feb.. Nothing wrong with them either.. Just waiting with patience.. You will get it soon.. If you worry, you might feel long days..

Check with your attorney

NSC is currently approving July/2001 RDs.
If your RD is from May, you should talk to your attorney to find out what is going on.

don't be surprise if there're still Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr/May cases pending

RD Feb 01
ND Mar 01

In the last 3 years i have noticed that NSC approval pattern has not really changed. Sure, we see several posting of June/July 01 approvals. But majority of ppl with much earlier RD/ND dates are still not approved. They have done this time and again where a small sample of cases with recent RD dates is approved just to show that their processing time is "accurate".

Depending on how good your lawyer is, talking to him/her might help. But i think contacting Senator or congressman will do better if your case has been pending way over the processing time. But don't abuse the system if your RD/ND is only 1-2 months off the processing time.

I wish all of us get our approvals soon.

Inimacam:)

The following info what I got from my attorney 1st week of July.

In here I means the attorney:

I spoke today to an INS officer at the Nebraska Service Center who gave me more information about the status of your applications (previous officers would say only that your applications are "still pending.") The officer said they are currently processing I-485s filed on May 25, 2001. But your and your wife's applications have been on a hold shelf while the INS searches their internal records for the original security-inked approval stamp on your I-140 immigrant visa petition, which could be in a couple of different locations. Standard Operating Procedures require the INS to make 2 requests for the original approval stamp before relying on secondary evidence like a copy (which we submitted with your applications). The INS sent their second request on May 14, 2002. If they still cannot find the original stamp, they may proceed with other secondary evidence. We will keep you updated if we hear anything.

Looking at rupnet's data...

for May'01 RD, there's only 1 NON-RFE approval in July, and all others, regardless of RFE or approval, before July.

for June'01 RD, the last NON-RFE approvals happened on July 25th.

so I think it's reasonable to say that NSC has started July'01 processing since July 26th.

inimacam,

Have you seen any similar case earlier..

Does any body saw any case such as waiting for the ingternal record of original security inked of I-140 approvals