On I 140 approval AOS is mentioned

harru

Registered Users (C)
Hello CP gurus,
My Case details:
PD 12/20/2001
I140 RD: 09/19/2003
I140 AD: 09/08/2004

I 140 was filed with CP option and I was waiting for the NVC to receive the case. It was close to a month and I thought it should not take this much time so I checked with attorney to see the approval notice and its written that now you should file for AOS. Because of this they did not sent the case to NVC. Its a BCIS mistake but its really frustrating that the attorney did not check what written on the approval notice.

Has anyone faced similar issues? I am thinking of going for the AC I140 option.
Pl. advise.
Thanks,
Harru

I-140 approved for AOS

Ask your attorney/HR department to send a letter to CIS. If you are lucky CIS corrects the case and send you an amended I-140 with consular option.

If that does not work take the help of a congressman to put pressure on CIS to adjudicate the case properly. You can not contact a congressman directly. Request your attorney/or a friend (PR or Citizen) to advocate on behalf of you. This process may take 1-5 months depending on your luck.

Other option is to file an I-824. But check your service center processing times for I-824.

TO ggsr

Hi,
THanks for reply. I have one more question. Which process takes 1-5 months; If I go through congressman then, or if my attorney send the letter to CIS directly, then?

Thanks
Harru.

ggsr said:
Ask your attorney/HR department to send a letter to CIS. If you are lucky CIS corrects the case and send you an amended I-140 with consular option.

If that does not work take the help of a congressman to put pressure on CIS to adjudicate the case properly. You can not contact a congressman directly. Request your attorney/or a friend (PR or Citizen) to advocate on behalf of you. This process may take 1-5 months depending on your luck.

Other option is to file an I-824. But check your service center processing times for I-824.

I-140 Correction

Congressional help process takes 1-5 months to correct the case.

First ask your attorney/HR department to send a letter to CIS requesting them to correct the case. If you are lucky CIS corrects the case and send you an amended approval notice in 2-3 weeks. If you are not successful in this process then only approach a congressman for help.

If you approach a Congressman with the help of a PR or Citizen you get fast response.

I140helppls said:
ggsr.
can u pls explain why harru can not go to congress man directly ? .

As per my Immigration consulatant temporary residents need a PR/Citizen to advocate thier case.

I am really hoping that BCIS correct the mistake and send the amended approval.I dont want to wait beyond oct end. My I 140 was approved on sep 8th.
If everything turns out to be ok fine or else as a backup I am thinking of AC 140.

Lets see.

Hi Harru,
I am in the same condition as you.Did you recieve any response from the TSC regarding the error in your I 140 approval notice?

Domplo said:
Hi Harru,
I am in the same condition as you.Did you recieve any response from the TSC regarding the error in your I 140 approval notice?

My attorney responded to BCIS last tuesday only and I insisted them to follow today but they say BCIS does do anything in a week so wait for may be one more week and then they will try to find.
How you found out the mistake for your case?
Give me you case details like when I 140 was filed when approved etc?
Lets hope for the best .
What else can we do here .

Hi Harru,
My I 140 applied for on Sept24 2003
I 140 aproval date Aug 19 2004.
My employer showed me the copy of the approval notice that mentioned that I had applied for AOS. that was an error that I called the lawyer to point out. He did not notice it until i called him. He has sent letters to both the TSC and the NVC over a month ago. No reply yet. I am trying to go for AC 140 in Mumbai now.