On H1b getting married to GC holder Advice

meetashwan

I am on h1b and working from last 6 months. I am getting married to a girl with Green card here in US. I am in California and she is in East coast. They (She and her Brother) are in business and own two small motels. We wan to live together and I want to shift on east coast. I know the best possible way will be to get a job on that side and transfer my H1. But we want to extend the business and we are planning to buy another motel. I don’t want to go for H1. Is there some way I can work on my own being on legal status. Her green card can help me in getting some sort of status. Give me all possible things which I can do to achieve my goal. Please advice and guide me. Your help is highly appreciated.

Her green card status will not help you in your situation. It would be best for you to maintain your H-1B status until she becomes a US citizen.

I am on h1b and working from last 6 months. I am getting married to a girl with Green card here in US. I am in California and she is in East coast. They (She and her Brother) are in business and own two small motels. We wan to live together and I want to shift on east coast. I know the best possible way will be to get a job on that side and transfer my H1. But we want to extend the business and we are planning to buy another motel. I don’t want to go for H1. Is there some way I can work on my own being on legal status. Her green card can help me in getting some sort of status. Give me all possible things which I can do to achieve my goal. Please advice and guide me. Your help is highly appreciated.

Yes TRIPLE CITIZEN is very accurate... until she becomes a USC she can't do much for you in terms of change of status.