• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

on F1 and just won the lottery: very confused

Tazmania, we opt to get married after I get the GC and she gets the F1 because I also heard that since we are not married yet, they will suspect the faith of the marriage at the time of interview and our chance is even much ower harder to convince that this is not a "fake" marriage. We would love to have both GCs, but the primary purpose is to get me a GC fisrt. She is not obsessed with having a GC and he is OK to stay with an F1 at all times. (and do H1B if needed after PhD)

I don't think your chances would be much lower if you got married. It makes perfect sense to me for a couple to expedite their plans and get married in order to immigrate together. For high profile people with advanced degrees (like graduate students), I don't think there will be much concern on IO's part as to whether the marriage is bona-fide.

Last edited by a moderator: