On 485 Interviewing at Newark - discussion forum

esbee

Registered Users (C)
Hi Everybody:

I would like to start this thread to invite comments/suggestions from 485 applicants who have been/will be interviewed at Newark. Mine was transferred on July 2.

My experience: I called the VSC 802# this morning. The lady was courteous but kept her comments very general - didn't even ask me for my EAC despite my request to look into my case. They seem to have been instructed not give out any information. I don't know yet if the interview call is due to a specific reason. The 973 # which the automated system provides is unreachable (busy or no answer).

From time to time I will top this to keep it active. Thanks in advance for your partcipation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody recently interviewed at Newark? Were you approved/security-cleared same day?

To the top

Anybody received interview notices, or been interviewed at Newark lately?

Last edited by a moderator:
Interview date notification received.

Received by mail July 27 notice of interview date at Newark after VSC transferred case to Newark (July2). Interview is scheduled for August 9.

No reason mentioned for being called for interview. The usual documents -passport, I94 etc, medical report etc was requested for. No mention about employer letter (I've been with my employer for 7 yrs).

Anybody else received 485 interview notification at Newark?

Inteview on August 5th

Recieved the interview letter on July 21st and interview at Newark on Aug 5th. They have asked to bring passport, I 94, Medical and all other orginal documents supporting the application. Also they sent me the I 693 form and the list of INS doctors.

medical forms?

I don't think one would have a copy of the medical forms.

They are given to you by the INS doc in a sealed envelope.

And, why would they provide you with a list of INS doctors again?
Didn't you get your medical done already?

Would appreciate a response.

interview call has come

I received the I-693 form from INS and also a list of INS approved doctors though I had sent them my MEDICAL REPORT.I think it might have expired so they told me to redo it.

No employment letter ,paystub...... etc was asked.

Hope my interview goes well and good luck to ESBEE and OTHERS in the August list.

Medical forms???

Good luck to all you guys who have interview soon?

Is this medical forms something new or the same which was done during I485 application?

Do you need to carry the copy of the form to the interview?
What if you don't have it or misplaced?

Please share your experiences and docs needed as it would be helpful for others to prepare before making to the interview....

Thanks...:cool:

Does medical exam need to be repeated?

My medical exam will be less than a year old at the interview date. My attorney says a repeat medical is not necessary. Those being interviewed, are you repeating your medical exam?

Please post. Thanks.

PS. I also was not asked for paystub, employment letter etc. Cld be because I haven't changed employers

7/26 transfer to Newark

My case is:

RD 06/21/2001
ND 08/13/2001
FP 03/26/2002
RFE 07/09/2002
RFE received 07/23/2002
Transfer issued 07/26/2002

Havn't receive any transfer letter yet, and wait anxious for the interview letter, talk with lawyer, told me it will take 2~3 month for me to be scheduled interview, very frustrated.