Ombudsman expediate SR

suren1

Registered Users (C)
is anybody out there with the letter from Ombudsman saying expediate SR is generated..

EB3 12/2001 IND
FP2 8/8/2007
RD 6/2004

Yes

I filled out the DHS Form 7001 and sent a cover letter detailing my problem (stuck in name check for 3 years). I mentioned what I have done so far to find out what is going on with my pending I-485 and how I found out that I was stuck in the namecheck process. I also gave all the details of the hardships I am facing because of this delay.

Ten days later I got a response from Mr. Khatri's office stating that they have forwarded my case to USCIS and I will get a response from USCIS within 45 days of this letter. I didn't get anything from the USCIS within the stipulated 45 days and wrote another letter to the Ombudsman almost 10 days ago. I just got another letter from the Ombudsman this evening (Sept 10, 2007) by USPS. Below is the text of the letter:

Mr./Ms. Stuck
Address 1
Address 2
City, State ZipCode+4

Dear Mr./Ms. Stuck-In-Namecheck:

Thank you for your recent inquiry to the office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CIS Ombudsman) regarding your immigration issue.

You indicate that you have not received a response from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) within forty-five (45) days of our inquiry. Therefore, we have initiated a second inquiry that will address this delay. Additionally, we have requested expedited handling of the matter, and a response should be forthcoming.

Once again, thank you for contacting the office of the CIS Ombudsman, and giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,

Prakash Khatri
Ombudsman
PIK/bh (Initialed)

If your name ( background ) check ( not FP check ) is pending with FBI, USCIS can't do anything. I've spoken to IO's (not customer service which is useless if your case is delayed) 10+ times and one of them read me USCIS manual.

Here is when USCIS director could send an expedite request to FBI:

- Military service
- A severe medical condition which could lead to untimely death / disability of primary applicant
- Social Security impact

All these 45 days, 60 days responses are nonsense. They originate from referral system while our cases are in mainframe with entirely different status. SR could help only when everything else was clear as the CSR opening the SR has no idea / background / access on what is pending.

What could really help is:

- Letter to President, FL, VP
- Senator, Congressman ( < 50% probability )
- Letter to FBI folks ( someone with no work may lookup your case )
- GOD ( most of the time it is LUCK & GOD and your past deeds are paying back if GC is affecting your sleep )
- Law Suit

Good Luck. I don't want to sound crazy but this is what it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
As per past enquiries,
NC clear
FP2 done on 8/8/2007
PD12/2001
RD 6/2004

as per IO - every thing is clear - no visa :mad:
checked with DOS for visa assignment in July - reply - visa no. not requested :mad:
SR reply-waiting to be assigned to officer.

Send letter to First Lady - no reply yet
Ombudsman - reply - expedite SR generated - confirmed by IO that 2 SRs are pending.

GC sucks :mad:

As per past enquiries,
NC clear
FP2 done on 8/8/2007
PD12/2001
RD 6/2004

checked with DOS for visa assignment in July - reply - visa no. not requested :mad:

Ombudsman - reply - expedite SR generated - confirmed by IO that 2 SRs are pending.

Suren1,
Do you have any LUDs on your 485 after you FP2?
Could you please share how to get the info from DOS whether visa requested or not?

After FP2 (8/8), there was LUT on 8/9/2007. this may be due to FP. After that, dead silence....:mad:
I think I got the DOS number in one of the thread on this forum. sorry, don't remember. Most probably it is the same number which is at the bottom on the VB. call that number and ask if USCIS has reqyested visa number for you.

GC sucks..:mad:

Sunren1,
Thanks for info. I was thinking the IO requests for visa number when the case is ready to be approved.
you are right. USCIS to be renamed USUCS.

md_rockville

love you man,

you said it so aptly

If your name ( background ) check ( not FP check ) is pending with FBI, USCIS can't do anything. I've spoken to IO's (not customer service which is useless if your case is delayed) 10+ times and one of them read me USCIS manual.

Here is when USCIS director could send an expedite request to FBI:

- Military service
- A severe medical condition which could lead to untimely death / disability of primary applicant
- Social Security impact

All these 45 days, 60 days responses are nonsense. They originate from referral system while our cases are in mainframe with entirely different status. SR could help only when everything else was clear as the CSR opening the SR has no idea / background / access on what is pending.

What could really help is:

- Letter to President, FL, VP
- Senator, Congressman ( < 50% probability )
- Letter to FBI folks ( someone with no work may lookup your case )
- GOD ( most of the time it is LUCK & GOD and your past deeds are paying back if GC is affecting your sleep )
- Law Suit

Good Luck. I don't want to sound crazy but this is what it is.

Actually four reasons

There are actually four reasons which can prompt an expedited FBI Name Check from USCIS:

1. Military deployment.
2. Age-out cases not covered under the Child Status Protection Act, and applications affected by sunset provisions such as diversity visas.
3. Significant and compelling reasons, such as medical conditions, and
4. Loss of social security benefits or other subsistence at the discretion of the USCIS District Director.

I know this because I have this in writing from the Supervisor, Customer Assistance Office. This was in a letter i received on Friday last in response to the Ombudsman's expedited inquiry.

Received same (2nd letter) from CIS-OMBUDSMAN

I filled out the DHS Form 7001 and sent a cover letter detailing my problem (stuck in name check for 3 years). I mentioned what I have done so far to find out what is going on with my pending I-485 and how I found out that I was stuck in the namecheck process. I also gave all the details of the hardships I am facing because of this delay.

Ten days later I got a response from Mr. Khatri's office stating that they have forwarded my case to USCIS and I will get a response from USCIS within 45 days of this letter. I didn't get anything from the USCIS within the stipulated 45 days and wrote another letter to the Ombudsman almost 10 days ago. I just got another letter from the Ombudsman this evening (Sept 10, 2007) by USPS. Below is the text of the letter:

Mr./Ms. Stuck
Address 1
Address 2
City, State ZipCode+4

Dear Mr./Ms. Stuck-In-Namecheck:

Thank you for your recent inquiry to the office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman (CIS Ombudsman) regarding your immigration issue.

You indicate that you have not received a response from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) within forty-five (45) days of our inquiry. Therefore, we have initiated a second inquiry that will address this delay. Additionally, we have requested expedited handling of the matter, and a response should be forthcoming.

Once again, thank you for contacting the office of the CIS Ombudsman, and giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Sincerely,

Prakash Khatri
Ombudsman
PIK/bh (Initialed)
Follow-up letter from CIS-Ombudsman.

ombudsman is a waste of time, i tried and USCIS gives a FLYING F**k to the ombudsmans office. I have nothing against the ombudsman, but that office is impotent to pressure USCIS or bring about speedy approvals. USCIS is just a very powerful dinosaurus which takes its own time and doesnt listen to anyone, plus its dumb, lazy and unpredictable and can be vicious too..

True

ombudsman is a waste of time, i tried and USCIS gives a FLYING F**k to the ombudsmans office. I have nothing against the ombudsman, but that office is impotent to pressure USCIS or bring about speedy approvals. USCIS is just a very powerful dinosaurus which takes its own time and doesnt listen to anyone, plus its dumb, lazy and unpredictable and can be vicious too..
2nd letter is just CIS-ombudsman follow-up (auto), I did not call/write after 45 days letter.

Take an appointment with Infopass once in every two weeks. May be that will help. I think you did everything you should do. So, the only thing you could do is this.

When did your namecheck cleared? I am surprised that your petition is not approved in June,July and August storm of approvals. Probably that time NC was still pending. So, may next quarter if India gets some numbers they will pick up yours.

As per past enquiries,
NC clear
FP2 done on 8/8/2007
PD12/2001
RD 6/2004

We filed 7001 and within 6 days our case status changed to transferred to NBC for standard interview. I was thinking that letter to ombudsman really worked. So, looking at this thread, probably, I have to change my opinion and better not advice people to start hoping for response for DHS 7001 submissions. Probably our case status changed on its own course of time and may not be related to our DHS 7001 submission.

There are actually four reasons which can prompt an expedited FBI Name Check from USCIS:

1. Military deployment.
2. Age-out cases not covered under the Child Status Protection Act, and applications affected by sunset provisions such as diversity visas.
3. Significant and compelling reasons, such as medical conditions, and
4. Loss of social security benefits or other subsistence at the discretion of the USCIS District Director.

I know this because I have this in writing from the Supervisor, Customer Assistance Office. This was in a letter i received on Friday last in response to the Ombudsman's expedited inquiry.

submitting Ombudsman request by Attorney on behalf of petitioner makes any difference in Ombudsman response or will it be same?
Will appreciate if any gurus please explain this

Hope for good

submitting Ombudsman request by Attorney on behalf of petitioner makes any difference in Ombudsman response or will it be same?
Will appreciate if any gurus please explain this
Whether attorney or petitioner files DHS7001, the response/s should be same. I google searched and found law offices received same responses as we did.

folks, USCIS doesnt give a RAT'S ASS for DHS(ombudsman). There is no use wasting your time on ombudsman.

having said this I again re-iterate that ombudsman's office is definitely friendly and nice and trying to help us. But USCIS just doesnt listen to them. its just an exercise in futility for us(immigrants) and ombudsman.

Ombudsman should be made more powerful and should be given powers to hold USCIS accountable for delays, until this happens dont waste your time.