Oldtimers please respond

ridiculous response from senator's office

OK
Finally got hold of the Jane talked to her. Apparently from the senator's office they can facilitate only those cases where there is a hold up due to medical grounds. Insisted and talked to her
supervisor. Same response - although the word used was we can help expedite cases which are held up on medical grounds.

Has anybody heard this before. It sounds ridiculous ????. They
do not even bother to make a polite enquiry to BCIS.

Looks like I need to find other means to get things moving.

starbucks
RD 12/18/01

Sue INS

Hi Guys,

My I-485 filed in Dec 2002, I knew it's still need time to wait, but the receipt told me it usually takes about 450 - 480 days, the online checking system told me it will take 580 - 600 days. I talked with my attorney last week, he told me the only way to push INS forward is suing them.

So I decided to let him do it for me, even though we have to pay suing fee, but it's worthy to have a try.

Peter

On what grounds will be suing? Is only delay in processing or something else? They can always make up argument -----?

FBI tel #

Could anybody provide the FBI tele # so that I can check my FP status?

RD: 12/01/2001
ND: 12/06/2001
FP1: 2/2/2002
RFE:4/30/2003
Received 5/8/2003
FP2: 12/06/2003
EAD in between

Similar story from Senator's office

Here is my story:

I finally lost my patience and tried the scenario of senator's help. One of them were quite nice actually and we got our 2nd FP notices soon after the contact. Before that, our 1st FPs had expired for half a year. However, even my RFE was received almost a year ago and now my 2nd FP has been transfered back to INS, still no magic word coming. The most recent response from the senator's office is kind of typical answer from the liason at NSC: 1) currently we are processing similar cases on or prior to 09/06/01 (thank god at least it's not that same old shit August); and 2) still waiting for the FBI name check and nothing could happen before that.

Hang on, guys, what else can you do?

RD:11/20/01
ND:12/01/01
RFE: 04/08/03 received by NSC
2nd FP: 11/21/03

Local congressman office contacted FBI and they told them that my case is still going through Name Check. Congressman office thinks that Name check will be completed and my case will go back to INS later next week. I keep my fingers crossed. Will check with local congressman office next week.

RFE 09.03
2nd FP 10.03
AD ?????

Local Congressman office informed me that my case passed FBI Name check stage and has been transferred back to INS!!! They emailed INS asking for a date when the case will be passed to an IIO for processing. Will call congressman office in couple of weeks to check the status. Seems to me that there is a progress in my case!?

LIN02081XXXXX
ND 1/9/02
1st FP 5/17/02
RFE 9/23/03
2nd FP 10/9/03
AD ??????

senator update

Oldtimers,
After an unsuccessful discussion with the senator (they can check only medical emergency cases), I contacted another one. Sent off the details of our application to his office. Also got back an acknowledgement from his office, stating they were happy we had contacted their office for this problem, and they will get in touch with BCIS. We can contact them any time we need to is
spelt out in the letter.

Also am following up with the local Congressman, will sign off a privacy letter of sorts, so that they can contact BCIS.

Will keep you guys posted on the progress.

starbucks
RD 12/14/01

sturbucks,

I contacted senator office after contacting congressman office in December'03. Senator office recommended to work with one authority (senator or congressman), explaining that they are going to send exactly same enquiries to USCIS.

I will recommend to concentrate your efforts and work with one authority, do periodic follow-ups and if you feel that there is absolutely no progress for your case apply for help to another authority.

NSCJAN0902

LIN02081XXXXX
ND 1/9/02
1st FP 5/17/02
RFE rcvd 9/23/03
2nd FP 10/9/03
AD ??????

contact from Senator's office ..

cmr thanks for the info.
We got a call from the Senator's office for making sure that they
have all the details. They are going to check with the CIS shortly.
It appeared to be a structured and well defined process
(SEI level 3 types) they follow. I was impressed.

starbucks
RD 12/14/01