Oldtimers, I\'m now stuck in the new INS restructuring process!!!

5thYearNSC

Registered Users (C)
I have no idea when I will see the light in life.
Gone are the good times to get many jobs. Gone are the times you can double
in stock market. GCs are gone too now.

PD: 02/1997
RD: 12/2000

AD: Waiting.........6thYearNSC now.

Anyone compnay for me with same PDs and RDs?

true about stock and job market.

5th..I am not even near to your RD but lets hope you will see some light soon! What about FP? Are\'nt they suppose to clear your case before FP expires?

No Title

My wife\'s case is still pending at INS Nebraska.
RD: 08/2000 (Yes it is year 2000)
Case #: LIN 00-269-xxxxx

Contacted both senators and congressman. One senator\'s office is hopeless and the other senator has asked us to wait for one more month because they give 60 days worth of time to receive a reply from INS.

The congressman\'s office is utter waste. Any one of us can do a better job than this congressman\'s immigration office. You know why, because 2 months ago she told us that INS is approving June 2000 cases and so we have to wait for couple of months and I immediately asked her who gave this information to her and she replied "Chicago INS" and I was like what??? We filed in INS Nebraska and she is getting info. from Chicago Office and they probably gave her some date like their current interview date or something.

We are in Chicago.

March 1st week, the lawyers said an officer is looking at her file, but it is not yet assigned to an officer. I don\'t know what the heck this meant. As of today, according to the lawyer it is still not yet assigned to an officer. I don\'t know if they are putting those documents in nice frames and decorating their offices at INS. Why would someone look at her file for about 2 months and not yet assign to an officer? They generally approve cases in less than a month or so once it is assigned to an officer. I feel that we have done everything in our power to follow up on this case and don\'t know if there are other avenues.

If you are aware of any, please let us know.

Thanks

rk2

Only recourse

The only recourse for such blatant failure on the part of INS is for people to SUE the hell out of the Director of NSC ( since you can\'t sue an organisation ). I\'m sure there are lots of immigration lawyers in Chicago ; contact them one by one and see if any of them would be willing to sue on your behalf. There is a lawyer in St Louis who sued on behalf of a doctor and got the guy an indefinite extension of stay in the US and an indefinite extension on his EAD. I think anybody whose RD is before 1/1/2001 and has got nowhere with their Senators etc. should take recourse to what Americans fear the most - a LAWSUIT !

Dec. 2000 - still waiting !!

RD - 12/07/00
ND - 12/15/00

Called IIO on April 2, \'02. According to IIO, my case was assigned to an officer, call back in 30 days. No news yet, still waiting .....

villageMD, question for you?

I heard some lawyers deal with such cases, but I can not shell out thousands of dollars for the lawyer towards his/her fee. If you know any laywer who can help us, please let me know and we will definitely pursue the opportunity

Thanks

rk2

No Title

I contacted a senator\'s immigration aide here and he asked for time until last week of May, (they typically give INS 60 days to respond) and based on that he will take action. If we don\'t see anything in next 4 weeks, (We) are going to file a case. We checked about some pro bono cases being taken up by some volunteers (attorneys). I will post more details once I start pursuing that route.

rk2

please post details

unless pressure is applied from local senators the processing will not continue due to restructuring-hell, they may ask us to reapply with the new ratina eye maps,gloss fingerprint,w/ smell of fart attached and each application to be signed by bush.

Queston to TULU

Tulu, Is there any progress in your case mine is also same as yours
Assigned to an officer On April 2 nd and no news yet?