Older Thread (closed): Just Called Iio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayk

Registered Users (C)
Just Called Iio

Hi,

I just called the IIO, she told me that FP was recieved. But they have not recieved the results of the investigation report yet. She said that once that was recieved the case would go to the shelf for 60 days and then be assigned to an officer. The details

RD: 11/12
FP: 3/29

The 60 days message is interesting

We all know that file sits for much longer than that for some people.
My FP review was done on 01.10.02 and stil no assignment.

soi

what is the investigation report ??

it is thresult of FT

or

result of IBIS checking?

What do you mean 60 days on shilf?? (You mean those cases just sit there for 60 days, then they will pick them up
 , send you Approcal letter?)

thanks for your making clear,

Investigative report.

I really dont have that much of a clue.

When you submit your fingerprints, the FBI does a background check and sends the results to the INS indicating whether or not you have ever been arrested, and so on. In addition, the INS recently implemented a new security clearance check whereby they also conduct a background check based on the person\'s name. This is done for all cases as part of the processing procedure so it is a routine matter

Thats what my lawyer wrote me.

I SURE HOPE THAT THE FILE DOESN\'T JUST SIT THERE FOR 60 DAYS.

The IIO was pretty rude.

Just have to wait I guess and keep our fingers crossed

Thats the normal timeline

Well once your fingerprint results are received electronically by INS, an officer will check it and update your AVM. That is the message that you hear now. However, the original paperwork from FBI has to be come and be matched with your file. That takes about a month\'s time. Once that happens and the background checks (sometimes verify your demographic information) are complete, your case is ready for adjudication. From that point on, it could take anywhere from 60 days to 6 months depending on when your case is assigned. In light of recent security check delays it is found that approval usually takes about 6-8 weeks after assignment.
So just hang in there. Hope you get a speedy approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.