Old timers...

snafu

Registered Users (C)
I have been visiting this forum for while now. I'm seeing a lot of new 'ids'. Some of the old timers are gone. Looks like they have all received their approvals. Somehow I miss them!! It feels very lonely being left behind.

Now I know how people who spend 6 six years in college for a 4 year degree feel!! ;) . Its frustrating to see people who join after you graduate.

Ofcourse, I'm happy for the people who received their approvals. But...I spent a lot of money on my GC process (>15000) and would like to see atleast 1 phase approved :confused: :(

hey snafu,
Your 140 is around the corner. start counting days. May be later you will find all old buddies in nebraska I-485 forum. :) Or some buddies may be sleeping since they know that they are anyway affected by retrogression. So instead of waiting why not work for few days and then start discussions after few months when their turn is around the corner. :D

Cheer up dude!

Not Late

snafu said:
Looks like they have all received their approvals. Somehow I miss them!! It feels very lonely being left behind.

Your case is not so bad so cheer up..
First U got substitute labor --- thats like a bonus card.. There are many who had to wait 1+ year just to get a labor approved.
Next U are in the range of current approval slap that is extending from Dec 2003 to Aug 2004.. Well the slab is quite big .. but again that is how NSC is working.. Just think that U got into labor process since Dec 2003 and U will see Urself much ahead of current ID's.

How come Ur attorney charged U so much for Ur GC application -- its almost 3 to 4 times the current market charge...

Hope that helps
eBhola.

Hi SNAFU,

I'm not from the golden oldies list (2003 applicants), but I do recollect well about your clarifying the meaning of your realistic ID, something like, 'Seem to be Normal, but Actually F@#*ed Up'. This is actually the case with all those old timers still lagging, who either forcefully keep congratulating those lucky devils or as mentioned by ourdearcard that they have gone in hibernation. I wonder if some of those would even spring up to declare their late approval as it doesnt justify to be a magic email or a cause of celebration. Afterall timing is important and NSC's random and sluggish behavior has taken away that joy.

I can only wish that all such victims are compensated by an early 485 approval. As about your spending over 15k, I'm sure that is a small investment for you to reap great rewards in future.

Good luck.

DIGS
EB3, India
RD : Apr.04
140 ??

snafu said:
I have been visiting this forum for while now. I'm seeing a lot of new 'ids'. Some of the old timers are gone. Looks like they have all received their approvals. Somehow I miss them!! It feels very lonely being left behind.

Now I know how people who spend 6 six years in college for a 4 year degree feel!! ;) . Its frustrating to see people who join after you graduate.

Ofcourse, I'm happy for the people who received their approvals. But...I spent a lot of money on my GC process (>15000) and would like to see atleast 1 phase approved :confused: :(

I am your senior if you count the time from Labor. I use my own PD Feb 2002. :D

snafu said:

Seems about right, calling myself an old-timer. Seems like I have been waiting (just like everyone else) forever. Well there was some good news in the day for me today where in my 140 got approved. Since our 140 RDs are so close, I have a feeling that you might see some activity on your 140 before end of April.

As someone said, I need to go into the loooooooong hibernation period for 485. For old times sake I believe I will keep visiting the 140 forum and share my "ignorance" with others where needed.

Good luck in all your future endeavors.

Hey! mydearcard, eBhola, DIGS, brt96 and musiclover

Guys, I really appreciate all your encouragement (and I really need it!!!).

As you guys have noticed, I've been wallowing in self pity. Its just that there has been a spate of approvals (2004) and I guess I just wanted to talk to someone and get some encouragement.

DIGS, I'm glad you remembered. snafu - situation normal, all f****ed up!

brt96, I applied for my first labor way back in Jan 2002. But had to quit the company. I spent money on ads to apply for labor from another company based in Chicago. Got fed up because of the delay and shopped around for an existing labor. And here I'm still waiting.

Couple of my friends applied for their labor last year and have had their I-140 (from TSC). I was willing to spend all that money just to have some peace of mind. Now I'm seriously having second thoughts. Was is it all worth it?

I'm planning an exit strategy. I'm perfectly willing to go back home and start all over again. The only problem being that I have nothing to show for my 6 years stay! Also I have invested too much for my GC. If I hadn't done so, it would have been relative easy to let go. I have already applied for an extension(7th year). I'm definitely not going to apply for the 8th year.

I came to the US with $80 on me. I did this on purpose. I wanted to see if I could hack it like the original immigrants. After 6 years, I guess I have less than that(credit cards etc)!!! Looks like I'm going down the ladder of success!!!

Just felt like talking.... Once again, Thanks guys. Even the eternal optimist needs encouragement once in a while!

Mantra

snafu said:
I'm planning an exit strategy.

U have filed for Ur 140 towards the end of 2003... almost 2004.
Why are U getting so upset about it... There is no mantra that will make NSC work differently.
Ur case is not at all bad --- there are several guys who are still waiting since early 2003 ..
Who knows --- they may get 140 & 485 concurrently 2mmrow ?????? They will be overnight winners ....

Good luck ...
eBhola

we are in the same boat.

snafu:

We are in the same boat. I have been a slient observer of this forum for over one year, so far nothing happened to my I140 and I485. I guess we are the unluckiest people in NSC. Let us cross our fingers, hopefully we all get approved very soon.

------
PD 02/2002 own labor
I140 -- RD 11/17/2003
I485 -- RD 11/17/2003 (both Spouse and I)
I140 -- AD ??
I485 -- AD ??

talk about old timers !!

Here I am !!. I am a Sep 2003 I-140/I-485 filer..still patiently waiting !!

one more old timer waiting for 485. I know it will take anohter 6-8 months. NSc will make another $1000 from me { EAD AND AP for two }. NSC likes to suck my blood.

Permanent Resident at www.immigration.com

snafu said:
Couple of my friends applied for their labor last year and have had their I-140 (from TSC). I was willing to spend all that money just to have some peace of mind. Now I'm seriously having second thoughts. Was is it all worth it?
I'm planning an exit strategy.

Looks like there are no Xit strategy at NSC, not sure others SC, its all depend on LUCK at NSC, NSC was very fast but when our turn it become very slow. Only can blame to LUCK, LUCK, LUCK, LUCK, hope and pray they pick our case tomorrow.

Well, at least we are granted permanent resident at this forum, see people come and go :D :D

SNAFU,

I came to the US with $80 on me. I did this on purpose. I wanted to see if I could hack it like the original immigrants. After 6 years, I guess I have less than that(credit cards etc)!!! Looks like I'm going down the ladder of success!!!

How touching. Reminds me of my current situation. We all came to USA chasing the $ dream and got stuck. Making more money to the consulting companies! Part of the dream has become true, atleast for our employers!

My story, applied for labor in Nov'2002 and had to wait more than a year to apply for 140/485 though the labor was approved in Oct'2003.(Thanks to DESI company for their non-professional work culture).

I am an optimist and hope there is light at the end of the tunnel, UNLESS THATS AN ONCOMING TRAIN :p

I would like to activate this thread to see whether there are still old timers waiting.

-------------------------------------
EB3-NSC-Michigan China
PD current in Sept
PD: 02/2002
140 RD: 11/2003
485 RD: 11/2003
1st FP: 05/2004
2nd FP: 12/2005
Security review clear: 01/2006
140 AD: 01/2006
485 AD: ???

I am here !

My I-140 got stuck in security reivew for 2 years..and then came 2 RFE's..Responded to the 2nd RFE about a month ago....still waiting and praying...for me and also for all my good friends here

Still here.. waiting.

I had recently initiated the process for an alternate labor. Hopefully, by the end of next month, my labor application would be filed (PERM).

My employer confirmed that my I-140 would be denied if there is a query on ability to pay. This has happened to a number of cases filed in 2003 from their company :-(. My employer should have had the courtesy to inform me of denials before I applied for my case. They were aware of the denials but did not let me know of this.

The partner in the company is supposed to be my friend. I have known him for close to 10 years. In fact, I loaned him the money to start his company.

With friends like that, .....

There I go ranting again. Sorry folks.

snafu
Dont give up hope. I had my first labor applied in Aug 2001. Since it was stuck in Kansas as they had no one to work on it, I applied in RIR in Aug 2004. As luck would have it, the rules were changed recently that the latest filed application will be counted and I lost my Aug 2001 PD. I now have an Aug 2004 PD. I lost 3 years and I am EB3. Think of the waiting that I will have to do.

Keep your chin up dude. The patience you develop here will help you tide over obstacles we might have in the future, while others might not prevail.

snafu said:
Still here.. waiting.

I had recently initiated the process for an alternate labor. Hopefully, by the end of next month, my labor application would be filed (PERM).

My employer confirmed that my I-140 would be denied if there is a query on ability to pay. This has happened to a number of cases filed in 2003 from their company :-(. My employer should have had the courtesy to inform me of denials before I applied for my case. They were aware of the denials but did not let me know of this.

The partner in the company is supposed to be my friend. I have known him for close to 10 years. In fact, I loaned him the money to start his company.

With friends like that, .....

There I go ranting again. Sorry folks.

Dear All, Here is my story,

I am old timer too, and applied another 140 on april 24th (ND), guess what most of 140 clearded before and after mine date. Only some cases between April 15 thru April 30th 2006 got struck for unknown reason. Now I firmly know it is my bad luck which cursed other poeple too.
VERY Frustrated with whole....Spend tons of mony my employer sucking my blood like lease ... :mad:

Jab Tak Suraj aur Chand Rahega .....

gc_nov_2003,

Jab Tak Suraj aur Chand Rahega .....

I am still there waiting for I 140 approval. Is there any chance for us (who have completed 6 years) to file for new labor under PERM? (based on the fact that we have our labor filed much before completion of 6 years?). If that's an option I want to file another labor and start from square one.