Old Timers IMP info from infopass

novice72

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,
Today I took an infopass appointment at local center at 8.00AM. Explained to the officer that my case is clear and there are approving cases filed after i.e 2003/2004/2005 and later. I requested her to call NSC and find out. She said NSC won't answer calls, but will and try and have to wait. I was waiting there and at around 9.10 she called NSC and could see her talking to them. She talked to them for 10-15 min. There is brief interruption between for a couple of times. I guess on the other checking the stuff I guess.

Finally she called and said that THERE ARE 100'S OF CASES BEFORE ME. My case is clear with FP current/back ground /security checks are done. There are processing in order of PD dates and it is in QUEUE. I complained how there are approving cases filed later than me.
She repeated the same thing.
She finally said if you have anything write to NSC. I asked her is there any hope of getting assigned to officer and getting approval in 2 weeks. She said 2 weeks is nothing . It means there is a long wait. I thanked and left the office.

I guess what they are doing is assigning 100's of files to different teams say 2001 cases to Team A, 2002 cases to Team B, 2003 cases and so on.
Every team are processing in parallel. So we are with team working slowly on our files. Other teams are working fast and approving them.

Until there fix there stuff we are screwed up. Wait for ever.

vvnlucky, clear485, nyc8300, gc_cedar, hyyz, narnia2000, dbr, always_in_labor, rmsag, Sammysosa, 2002calabor any ideas what to do? Contacting congressman helps??. Iam running out of ideas.

Hi guys,
Today I took an infopass appointment at local center at 8.00AM. Explained to the officer that my case is clear and there are approving cases filed after i.e 2003/2004/2005 and later. I requested her to call NSC and find out.

Finally she called and said that THERE ARE 100'S OF CASES BEFORE ME. My case is clear with FP current/back ground /security checks are done. There are processing in order of PD dates and it is in QUEUE. I complained how there are approving cases filed later than me.

And what was she smokin when she just made that remark. I would not hold my breath to what she said. But if she meant what she is saying then for once i would say i am in luck ;) .

novice72,

This makes sense. I am thinking going forward this attitude may change in USCIS a little and approve all the old timers slowly in future. But no guarantee they will do forever.

Please update your inforamtion if you have not yet. This may be the action we are taking for now. And every can approach congressman and send to ombudsman individually. (I know I am postponing this for long).

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=263842

Hope we will hear good news soon at least by the end of this year.

Hi guys,
Today I took an infopass appointment at local center at 8.00AM. Explained to the officer that my case is clear and there are approving cases filed after i.e 2003/2004/2005 and later. I requested her to call NSC and find out. She said NSC won't answer calls, but will and try and have to wait. I was waiting there and at around 9.10 she called NSC and could see her talking to them. She talked to them for 10-15 min. There is brief interruption between for a couple of times. I guess on the other checking the stuff I guess.

She repeated the same thing.
She finally said if you have anything write to NSC. I asked her is there any hope of getting assigned to officer and getting approval in 2 weeks. She said 2 weeks is nothing . It means there is a long wait. I thanked and left the office.

I guess what they are doing is assigning 100's of files to different teams say 2001 cases to Team A, 2002 cases to Team B, 2003 cases and so on.
Every team are processing in parallel. So we are with team working slowly on our files. Other teams are working fast and approving them.

Until there fix there stuff we are screwed up. Wait for ever.

vvnlucky, clear485, nyc8300, gc_cedar, hyyz, narnia2000, dbr, always_in_labor, rmsag, Sammysosa, 2002calabor any ideas what to do? Contacting congressman helps??. Iam running out of ideas.

I believe they have very limited information at local office and 800 reps.

You can get confirmation your Namecheck and FP from local office for sure. We have more security checks to be done in NSC/TSC and takes days (I guess max 60 days). You can't get exact information on this security checks from Service Centers where you get different answers for same case.

I guess USCIS made decision on almost all older applications (who had been cleared NC, FP, RFE response if any and other Security Checks). They might already approved, but not generated notice or ordered card production.

"Applicants whose cases have been approved may still be unaware of their approvals in August 2007, because case status is updated in the system only when the approval notice is generated. The USCIS is working to generate approval notices and green cards for these cases." by Ombudsman

So don't believe if anyone says "you won't get approval in two weeks or specific time". By seeing lot of cases in this forum, few guys got response on same day from service center like case has been approved and few hours later "Additional Review" aginst their SR.

Even myself got response for FP notice....one day got letter says, "USCIS doesn't need your FP now blah.....". Very next day I got FP notice from them.

USCIS has many tongues.....:)

According to PD :). That is 180 degree shift from what I learnt after a rather rude I/O from NSC. When I cribbed that I am EB-2 November 2002 and already in wait for 5 years submitted 485 in July 2006 then I was told that "You are way down the line There are tens of thousands cases before. We look only at RD". On asking how come a person with RD of June 2007 getting approval the answer was it is case to case.

So do not feel unduly hopeful of any of this crap the NSC/TSC IO feed out.

And what was she smokin when she just made that remark. I would not hold my breath to what she said. But if she meant what she is saying then for once i would say i am in luck ;) .

Hope its true

If this is indeed true, this is very encouraging. What I don't understand is if there is a "Prioirty Date" why in the hell should the processing be based on receipt date?

IO's give all sorts of answer just to cover up they things. Initially I showed my I -485. IO at local center said they are lot of cases filed before you. I said my PD is december and showed my I -140 approval. Then she agreed to call NSC. NSC says there are working according PD and there are lot of files before me.

I was shouting from roof top that there are processed and approved cases filed after me i.e PD/RD.
IO at Local center justa says I don't know what there are doing. You can write a letter to NSC.
What will we write :) just they will throw in dustbin