old resident alien card

schandrag

Registered Users (C)
A colleague of mine, a Australian citizen became a permanent resident in 1980, her card does not have a expiry date on it, neither does it have a magnetic strip on the back. She last re- entered the US 6 years ago without a porblem. She has a valid Australian passport. Will she be still able to reenter the US after a trip she has planned for next month with the same card issued in 1980.?

schandrag said:
A colleague of mine, a Australian citizen became a permanent resident in 1980, her card does not have a expiry date on it, neither does it have a magnetic strip on the back. She last re- entered the US 6 years ago without a porblem. She has a valid Australian passport. Will she be still able to reenter the US after a trip she has planned for next month with the same card issued in 1980.?

6 years?! She has most certainly lost her green card status in the US and cannot be admitted as a permenent resident.

pardon me let me clarify

This lady has resided permanently in the US since 1980. She made her last trip outside the US 6 years ago and came back ( it was a i month visit home). The question she has is - her card was issued in 1980 never renewed, it does not have a expirtion date on it( mine has a validity of 10 years). She saw my card and was worried because hers does not have a magnetic strip. She worries that since now all cards are scannable whether the officer at the POE will deny her entry when she returns from a trip she has planned for next month to China.