Old parents coming back to US after more than 1 year ( no re- entry permit )

feibax

1. parents got green card and came in Nov 2019 , stayed almost three months , left in Jan 2020 to India , with the intent to return in couple of months, thats why did not apply for re-entry permit.
2.Covid hit, both in 75-80 year range , one with triple bypass, did not risk coming back , when India better, US bad and now when US better , India bad, so now ( hopefully) once India better , will attempt to return to US.
3.i file their taxes regularly here , whats the most likely scenario ? at the portal of entry, will they be let in with warning ? should i pre-emptively do something, file SB-1 , they say the approval chance is very low ? , best chance is to just try entering back , would hiring an immigration lawyer be helpful, if so how ?

immigration lawyer will be very useful in this situation! Show him all documents, and then he make a treatments to consulate, then you can gice a permission to come back for your parents

1. parents got green card and came in Nov 2019 , stayed almost three months , left in Jan 2020 to India , with the intent to return in couple of months, thats why did not apply for re-entry permit.
2.Covid hit, both in 75-80 year range , one with triple bypass, did not risk coming back , when India better, US bad and now when US better , India bad, so now ( hopefully) once India better , will attempt to return to US.
3.i file their taxes regularly here , whats the most likely scenario ? at the portal of entry, will they be let in with warning ? should i pre-emptively do something, file SB-1 , they say the approval chance is very low ? , best chance is to just try entering back , would hiring an immigration lawyer be helpful, if so how ?
Someone posted in another thread that as long as it is valid they should try to enter the US with it. At POE, there's a good chance they are let in without any issues. If CBP officer denies do not sign anything to give up the Permanent Residency and they will be given a day to appear before an Immigration Judge and you can hire a lawyer then.