Old Namecheck Sufferers : Is this a hope ?

how common are the names of the people stuck, in your respective countries? My husband name is very common in many countries

Thank GOd I got approved
I wish u all cases approved of pending, they might be approved in this month

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
how common are the names of the people stuck, in your respective countries? My husband name is very common in many countries

Mine is pretty rare. With my last name its only me and one of my cousins on google, 1st and last name narrows it down to me! Stuck in name check.

How important is the middlename in the namecheck

Experts on NNCP ? How important is the middlename in NNCP? Is Firstname + middle name one of the combinations searched in the files? Or all Searches need to have Lastname in them.I know this is a question for fbi :)

Experts on NNCP ? How important is the middlename in NNCP? Is Firstname + middle name one of the combinations searched in the files? Or all Searches need to have Lastname in them.I know this is a question for fbi :)

They search first name & last name
first name & middle name
middle name & last name

and reverse combination of all of these . Also the phonetic variation of all such combinations.

If this is true My GC is pretty much screwed

They search first name & last name
first name & middle name
middle name & last name

and reverse combination of all of these . Also the phonetic variation of all such combinations.

gc_mania,
If what you mentioned is true,I can say good bye to my GC.My first name + middle name is the most common combination in India.My Lastname is unique.

Googling my "First_name Last_name" brings exactly 2 results but "First_name Middle_name" brings around 50,000 results .

Googling my "First_name Last_name" brings exactly 2 results but "First_name Middle_name" brings around 50,000 results .

I am not sure how authentic these results are. When I search my name "fistname lastname" on google, I get 105 results and my wife gets 39 hits.
While her namecheck was cleared last year July, I am still stuck.

Both my name and her name hit somebody who has done biochemical engineering.

I dont think only Muslim sounding names get stuck in the name checks. That's just not true. I'm stuck - I'm not Muslim and dont have a Mulsim name. A Chinese colleague is stuck - def not Muslim sounding name. Maybe it can be some consolation to Muslim folks that of all its shortcomings, discrimination based on how your name sounds, prob isnt one that USCIS has.

I dont think only Muslim sounding names get stuck in the name checks. That's just not true. I'm stuck - I'm not Muslim and dont have a Mulsim name. A Chinese colleague is stuck - def not Muslim sounding name. Maybe it can be some consolation to Muslim folks that of all its shortcomings, discrimination based on how your name sounds, prob isnt one that USCIS has.

Some folks in this forum ( from Bangladesh & Pakistan ) were reporting their I-485 cleared within 3 months. So a Muslim name by itself should not be issue. It depends how common that name is in the world and how many 'problem guys' are there with similar names.

Last time they were late by several months

The news item in the link above says " The USCIS response has to be filed by September 11, 2007. "

And tomorrow is the d-day. How do we find out what USCIS' response is?
Does anyone here know? Is it filed in the federal register? ANy lead would be appreciated. My NC has been pending for more than 33 months.