Old Namecheck Sufferers : Is this a hope ?

troubleshooter

Registered Users (C)
My NC is pending for 3 years and I spoke with TSC IO yesterday. She said within 60 days we are planning to do something for the cases whose NC is pending for long time( 2-3 years). She told me to wait for 60 days. Can we hope something positive ?

My NC is pending for 3 years and I spoke with TSC IO yesterday. She said within 60 days we are planning to do something for the cases whose NC is pending for long time( 2-3 years). She told me to wait for 60 days. Can we hope something positive ?

It's likely, see:
http://www.dhs.gov/xnews/releases/pr_1186757867585.shtm

22. The Administration Will Reform And Expedite Background Checks For Immigration. Current mechanisms for conducting immigration background checks are backed up, slowing processing times and endangering national security. The Administration is investing substantial new funds to address the backlog, and the FBI and USCIS are working together on a variety of projects designed to streamline existing processes so as to reduce waiting times without sacrificing security.

Not sure. When I spoke with the TSC IO in the 1st week of August, the lady told me that USCIS is soon going to make a favourable decision of the namecheck cases that are pending with the FBI for more than 180 days.

I am not sure how "soon" it is going to be!

PD : June, 2001
485 RD - May 2005
VSC->TSC - March 15,'07
2nd FP - May 9, '07
On 3rd EAD
Name check pending since May 18, 2005 ( Info pass on July 5th, 07)

I hope they do something quickly. Can't wait any more. This painful journey has to end

If this is true, that would be wonderful. There is a possibility on this issue to have this problem solved since FBI and USCIS will have new funding to fix this. This is a BIG hope for all of us whose NC have been stuck for a long time. But we do not know When and How they do. Sometime before Christmas? cross fingers.

Last month I called TCS and lady was nice and cooperative She told me that your and spouse name check is pending. We cannot do anything with out name is clear . And also told me that wait for couple of month . Department is going to work on those NC cases are pending for long time.

Just hoping it will come good news in Oct coming month.

I called TSC after LUD on 6/28-6/30 and IO told me that visa number is assigned to your case. She said your name check is pending but we may take some initiative for name check older than 180 days. But it's not official yet.
So that two months are over now. Let’s see what will happen in next two months......

I called TSC after LUDs on 8/27 and 8/28 and the IO told me namecheck is clear, FP is clear, case is with officer but no visas available till october.

Yes, there might be some light on this lines, when I talked to my local Senator's office few weeks back she said that congress is working for additional funding to increase the workforce.

You should have asked TSC if no visa's are available then what the IO is doing with the case? Painting or putting butter on it:mad:

I called TSC after LUDs on 8/27 and 8/28 and the IO told me namecheck is clear, FP is clear, case is with officer but no visas available till october.

Guess it was 2-3 months ago, (was watching TV) that the head of FBI responding to senate (I forgot the tV channel) asked once about namecheck and he said "there are miles of piles of records" which should be checked when the name got hit. He added that we are in the middle of a sort of compromise with USCIS to reduce the backlog.
This might be relevant to what was told by IO to our friend here.