Old Guys are Still Good For Approval

Daruwala

Registered Users (C)
One nice IO lady told me today -

There are tons of application who have visa numbers attached to it. The visa numbers are attached since first week of June. Because of the heavy load .. NSC is not able to get the card produced/Approval notice sent, for them.

So U will find approvals despite of this 'fall back' of dates. These dates are to shut off the new applications from pouring in. [ Guess not enough staff for processing it and the EAD + AP that goes with it ]

My Question : Why do you guys NOT have 2 dates ...
Date 1 -- Guys with this PD or less apply for 485
Date 2 -- Guys with this PD or less ... we are in process at getting U approved.

Her Answer: I cannot comment on this. I only give factual informations. Is there anything I can help you with.

I am thinking along those lines ... I can't believe they are capable of becoming so efficient overnight that they could approve 60,000 in a month. They simply didn't want to deal with the flood of applications about to rush in during July, and the only way they thought they could stave off the flood is to somehow declare that all visa numbers have been used up. So they "used" them by tagging thousands of pending applications with visa numbers, without actually approving them yet.

Time will tell ... if there is a trickling of approvals continuing through the summer, we know what happened.

<< Old Guys are Still Good For Approval >>

If this is the criteria, I must be the first one to get approval. Just kidding to ease the situation:)

Regards,
IK

in that case it's against the law. The law states that if visa # is not used for approved petition in 7 days since its allocation, it has to be returned to pool of free numbers. Big scandal is on it's way.

in that case it's against the law. The law states that if visa # is not used for approved petition in 7 days since its allocation, it has to be returned to pool of free numbers.
I don't think so. That might have their been operating procedure, but not the law. They used to assign a visa number up front when the I-485 was applied for, then return it to the pool if denied. But they weren't good at returning the denied ones to the pool, so they changed to the practice of assigning the visa number very shortly before approval.

Ombudsman's annual report said:
With respect to the recommendation that USCIS assign visa numbers to cases as they are received, the process the Ombudsman describes was the process in place a number of years ago. DOS, which manages overall visa number allocations, modified that process to the procedure in effect today. It is their policy to allocate visa numbers to USCIS adjustment cases only as the point of approval is reached.

However, through the tri-agency meetings, DOS explained that the modification to the program occurred in the early 1980s because INS could not adhere to the requirements to return unused visa numbers immediately. The Ombudsman understands that DOS prefers that cases are reported qualified for a visa earlier than at approval. In the last several months, there have been several suggestions on how to accomplish that task, but operational concerns remain. The Ombudsman hopes that USCIS and DOS can reestablish the older program with improved processing and technology to ensure timely and accurate reporting of cases ready-to-issue and to prevent the future loss of visa numbers.

This is good news!!!

And it means that I still may get my GC before next month when I turn 79 (yes, I'm getting up there!!! :) ...one of your "Old Guys"

J/K

There are tons of application who have visa numbers attached to it. The visa numbers are attached since first week of June. Because of the heavy load .. NSC is not able to get the card produced/Approval notice sent, for them.

So U will find approvals despite of this 'fall back' of dates. These dates are to shut off the new applications from pouring in. [ Guess not enough staff for processing it and the EAD + AP that goes with it ]

Date 2 -- Guys with this PD or less ... we are in process at getting U approved.

Her Answer: I cannot comment on this. I only give factual informations. Is there anything I can help you with.

i agree that older PD/RD guys could still be approved in July

the reason -
i got card ordered email on June 20th - the first time i came to know that our cases were approved
then i got the welcome notice sent email on June 21/23

finally the card came around the last week of June - and guess what the card ordered date - was June 4 2007....which means that my case was approved in the beginning of june and it took ~ 16 days for USCIS to first notify me of approval.

so...it is possible that there are many guys with old PD/RDs who were approved in June prior to the July bulletin fiasco however, it is simply a matter of USCIS not having sent them their emails - therefore lending credence to the theory that we will see approvals for older guys in July

BVP
EB3 NSC
PD June 2002
Approved June 2007

16 days to notify the approval?

the reason -
i got card ordered email on June 20th - the first time i came to know that our cases were approved
then i got the welcome notice sent email on June 21/23

finally the card came around the last week of June - and guess what the card ordered date - was June 4 2007....which means that my case was approved in the beginning of june and it took ~ 16 days for USCIS to first notify me of approval.

so...it is possible that there are many guys with old PD/RDs who were approved in June prior to the July bulletin fiasco however, it is simply a matter of USCIS not having sent them their emails - therefore lending credence to the theory that we will see approvals for older guys in July

BVP
EB3 NSC
PD June 2002
Approved June 2007
Thanks for sharing your approval details. I have been wondering when I am going to get the approval notice in mail (Congressman's office says my case has been approved on June 20 but so far no email or snail mail has been received). My next infopass appointment is on July 16!

I don't think so. That might have their been operating procedure, but not the law. They used to assign a visa number up front when the I-485 was applied for, then return it to the pool if denied. But they weren't good at returning the denied ones to the pool, so they changed to the practice of assigning the visa number very shortly before approval.

i surely do hope that they indeed assigned visa # to all apps older than 6 month...

Daruwala,
One vital question is what happens when namecheck or some check is pending, do they still visa numbers to those cases. When next time u call , could u please check. TSC people are not ready to talk.