old case approved today

BePeaceful

Registered Users (C)
Just received the email that my 485 has been approved but I didn't feel excited at all. It has been a long journey. I visited this site daily for the first 2 years into my GS journey but stopped coming since 2005 because I refused to let the GC thing get hold of me.

I know some unapproved old cases are still out there. For those who have been waiting for years I truly understand what you have been going through. I am sharing my info here so you know you are not alone.

485 RD: 10/23/2002

Gave the third fingerprints and applied the fifth EAD last month.

BePeaceful said:
Just received the email that my 485 has been approved but I didn't feel excited at all. It has been a long journey. I visited this site daily for the first 2 years into my GS journey but stopped coming since 2005 because I refused to let the GC thing get hold of me.

I know some unapproved old cases are still out there. For those who have been waiting for years I truly understand what you have been going through. I am sharing my info here so you know you are not alone.

485 RD: 10/23/2002

Gave the third fingerprints and applied the fifth EAD last month.
Congratulation !! . Please provide detail like PD , EB category and country.

Congratulations !

I know how you must be feeling after having gone through this arduous journey.

Could you please let me know when you had your most recent FP ?
Was there a code-3 FP in any of the 3 FPs you had ?
Or was it just the 10 fingers that were printed all 3 times ?

Trying to make some sense of USCIS's actions here.

Thanks !

BePeaceful said:
Eb2
Pd 3/21/2001

Eternal_labor:

I am trying to understand if there is any LUD on 485 corresponding to the date when Name Check was complete. Please suggest...

Thanks.

eternal_labor said:
I know how you must be feeling after having gone through this arduous journey.

Could you please let me know when you had your most recent FP ?
Was there a code-3 FP in any of the 3 FPs you had ?
Or was it just the 10 fingers that were printed all 3 times ?

Trying to make some sense of USCIS's actions here.

Thanks !

Congratulations on the finally approved case!! I understand you not being excited. I guess, you are just numb after many years of waiting... In any way it's really encouraging to hear that old cases are getting approved.

Someone from the thread would like to make a sense of USCIS actions. I came to a conclusion that it's a pure luck like playing roulette. It doesn't make sense when cases are "hanging" from 2002 and other cases are being approved in 1 - 5 months. I understand that time frames can be different but not by 2-3 years.

(Just a quick example of unpredictability and bad luck: Last year the lawyer filed Advance Parole for my two children and me at the same day. My son (16 years old at that time) and I received approved documents in 2 weeks. My daughter's document got stuck somewhere for 4 months. A month before the departure date I began to be anxious about missing document. I contacted USCIS. It was useless. The lawyer contacted USCIS. Then we had to ask help from the Congressman's Office. As the Happy End of the story - the missing Advance Parole for 12-years old child was FedExed (!!) from USCIS to the lawyer's office one day prior the planned departure. Why did it happen? Why Congressman's Office should have been involved to keep the family together and not separating the children in their ability to travel? No answers.)

-----------------------------
I-485: RD 09/09/2003. ND 09/23/2003
I-140 - approved 06/2004
I-485 has been stuck in Name Check forever.
VSC
EB-2
FP - 10/16/2004 - expired already
File status requests - 4/2005, 10/2005 - name check pending,
4/2006 - ?
Filling Mandamus law suit

No change in LUD after Name Check

I went to the local USCIS office to find out what was going on. I was informed that Name Check was completed on Jan 23, 2006. There has been no LUD change on my I-485 since Aug 2005.

Hope this helps !

satu said:
Eternal_labor:

I am trying to understand if there is any LUD on 485 corresponding to the date when Name Check was complete. Please suggest...

Thanks.

I know how it feels like...

being stuck in Name Check. My best wishes to you all and my prayers to God to help end this excrutiatingly painful journey at the earliest for all of us !

GCprocess2001 said:
Congratulations on the finally approved case!! I understand you not being excited. I guess, you are just numb after many years of waiting... In any way it's really encouraging to hear that old cases are getting approved.

Someone from the thread would like to make a sense of USCIS actions. I came to a conclusion that it's a pure luck like playing roulette. It doesn't make sense when cases are "hanging" from 2002 and other cases are being approved in 1 - 5 months. I understand that time frames can be different but not by 2-3 years.

(Just a quick example of unpredictability and bad luck: Last year the lawyer filed Advance Parole for my two children and me at the same day. My son (16 years old at that time) and I received approved documents in 2 weeks. My daughter's document got stuck somewhere for 4 months. A month before the departure date I began to be anxious about missing document. I contacted USCIS. It was useless. The lawyer contacted USCIS. Then we had to ask help from the Congressman's Office. As the Happy End of the story - the missing Advance Parole for 12-years old child was FedExed (!!) from USCIS to the lawyer's office one day prior the planned departure. Why did it happen? Why Congressman's Office should have been involved to keep the family together and not separating the children in their ability to travel? No answers.)

I-140 - approved 06/2004
VSC
EB-2
4/2006 - ?

Stuck in Name Check

Thank you for your kind words and support! Those only, who have gone or are going through the same hardships, can understand frustration of waiting. Thanks for sharing your stories, experience, bad and good news. "Being informed and aware" always helps. Good Luck to everyone! :)

I-140 - approved 06/2004
VSC
EB-2
4/2006 - ?

I contacted my senator's office last December and the answer was pending name check. I gave the fingerprints on 3/13/06 and the last time I logined in I saw the LUD of 03/23/06. I don't know if there was any other changes after that because I didn't check my status frequently as I was trying to avoid being occupied by anger and frustration.

The long journey was a torture. I was once so depressed that I didn't want to talk to anyone, simplely just because I didn't want to answer questions like "Have you got your green card yet?".

For those who are still waiting I know how you feel. With the approval of the green card my life hasn't changed and won't change a bit, I am doing what I did before (working and surviving). Music helped me get my emotion under control. You can try it.

Be peaceful! Life is everything but a green card.

Words of wisdom !

The situations you have quoted are so true. I agree with you. Music has helped me too.

BePeaceful said:
I contacted my senator's office last December and the answer was pending name check. I gave the fingerprints on 3/13/06 and the last time I logined in I saw the LUD of 03/23/06. I don't know if there was any other changes after that because I didn't check my status frequently as I was trying to avoid being occupied by anger and frustration.

The long journey was a torture. I was once so depressed that I didn't want to talk to anyone, simplely just because I didn't want to answer questions like "Have you got your green card yet?".

For those who are still waiting I know how you feel. With the approval of the green card my life hasn't changed and won't change a bit, I am doing what I did before (working and surviving). Music helped me get my emotion under control. You can try it.

Be peaceful! Life is everything but a green card.

Congrates!!!

I am waiting for same news ...but not sure how long that will take?

I am also on same boat. Last time when I contacted INS, They told me that my application is stucked in background check. I am not sure what they do in background check? Some one on this forum suggested to contact local congress man/senators.
But not sure whether they will be able to do any thing if Background Check is pending?

I stopped looking in immigation forums and stopped talking about GC. I left on God and only concentrating on daily life.