Ok, Just renew my AP. Gave up in hoping GC being approved after RFE

haoyun04

Registered Users (C)
Ok. after I see the nov visa bullitin, it is ugly as hell!

I am planning to apply AP for myself and spouse self. When I review the instructions, I did not see any support documents mentioned.

If you applied AP previous successfully, can you kindly suggest which support documents I should add with I-131 application?

things I can think of:
i-485 copy
two 2x2 photo

Anything else?

I have applied for my EAD and AP's for me and son on July 27th 2007 by Fedex. I filled in the the forms and attached the following documents and mentioned in the covering letter. EAD and AP sent in two different covers, however the fees is increased now.

EAD got approved on 10/3/2007 and still waiting for AP. Hope this helps.

1. I-131 Forms – Completed, Signed and dated.
2. Photocopy of my current driver’s license.
3. Photocopy of First & last page of my current Indian Passport.
4. Photocopy of First & last page of my son’s current Indian Passport
5. Photocopy of my current EAD (front & back).
6. Photocopy of our formal Advance Parole (for both).
7. Two passport size photos + Two passport photos for my son.
8. Two Personal checks for $170.00 each towards U.S.Department of Homeland Security.
9. My Employment Letter.

Receipt notice for I-485 is the only supporting document I ever sent for AP renewals! It worked for all the three renewals!

Thank you all!

Thanks all for your kind suggestions!! I am preparing the AP application and will mail out them on Monday!

Thanks!

For AP send,

1. USCIS Fees - Check for $340.
2. Form I-131 duly filled
3. 2 passport size photos taken not more than 3 months back
4. Drivers license copy
5. Travel letter to INS
6. Print out of latest update on I-485 on www.uscis.gov

This is what I had sent and approved.

will the receipt notice be mailed to applicant?

Forgot to ask,

1. I assume the receipt notice for renewing AP will be sent to applicants, right?
2. If so, how long do you usually get receipt in the mail?
3. The applicant fee should be $305 for each applicant for the new fee after 7/30/07,correct?

thanks!

When I applied for AP, I received the receipt notice. I am not aware if my attorney received one. I believe if attorney sends the I-131 form on behalf of us, they use G-28 form and that's how they receive the receipt notice and not we.

It takes 2-3 weeks to receive the receipt notice.

The fees is $305 and not $340. Sorry about that.

PS: When the check gets cleared, you can look for the AP receipt # on the back of the check (Online banking).

When I applied for AP, I received the receipt notice. I am not aware if my attorney received one. I believe if attorney sends the I-131 form on behalf of us, they use G-28 form and that's how they receive the receipt notice and not we.

It takes 2-3 weeks to receive the receipt notice.

The fees is $305 and not $340. Sorry about that.

PS: When the check gets cleared, you can look for the AP receipt # on the back of the check (Online banking).

THANK YOU ZOONI!

Hi Zooni

Thanks for your tips. I noticed the checks were cashed from my bank 5 days after it arrived USCIS. I did find the AP receipt number at the back of the checks.

When I tried to add the case, it seems the numbers are not in CIS systems YET. I might have to wait for the receipt notice then add my add in my account profile.