OK, I'm done

ih8uscis

Registered Users (C)
Finally, the useless CIS :rolleyes:
approved my case (for myself and my wife) on June 15.
I just got the email this morning around 7:30am.

My details:
RD 3/2002
ND 4/11/2002
FP1 5/2002
FP2 12/2003
3 EADs for wife, I continued on my H1
2 APs each
RFE 4/23/2004 for employment
RFE recd by USCIS 5/18/2004
AD 6/15/2004

sram999 said:
Afterall CIS is part of your name.

It's a rather weak pun "USCIS" (the latest name of the INS/BCIS) sounds a lot like "Useless CIS". Given how incompetent they are, I felt "useless CIS" is a better description.

As for being part of my login name, that's another joke:
I + h8 + uscis = ih8uscis (h8 = hate). Get it?

Anyway, thanks to everyone in this forum. I feel like I almost know you guys,
especially the regular visitors (including old-timers like Pork Chop, paulclarke, ghee etc).

To those who have already been approved and are still hanging out here:
get a life, guys :) :) :)

To all those waiting, and especially the 2001 filers: I feel your pain. I sincerely wish all of you get approved very soon (preferably yesterday).
Nobody deserves to wait this long for this silly thing.

Congrats Buddy.
Qusetion : Why did u keep your H1B alive and How?
I presume you were the main applicant. Even if your wife is using EAD, you have AOS status not H1B. That's what I understood so far.

Thanks

Congrats! :)

However, you are not done yet completely. Welcome to the waiting line for the plastic card.

Bakra said:
Congrats Buddy.
Qusetion : Why did u keep your H1B alive and How?
I presume you were the main applicant. Even if your wife is using EAD, you have AOS status not H1B. That's what I understood so far.

Thanks

Well, at least according to my lawyer, I could continue on H1-B status (and even renew it), even after my wife got an EAD, and after I used my advance parole to re-enter the US. I even recall seeing an INS memo on the web about using H1 to work and AP to travel.

I understand that different lawyers give conflicting advice on this, I suggest that you follow your lawyer's advice. Better safe than sorry.

Best wishes, and hope you are approved soon.

hbt2002 said:
Congrats! :)

However, you are not done yet completely. Welcome to the waiting line for the plastic card.

Ha! Thanks. :) :)

I think I'll worry about the plastic card tomorrow.