Ohio SESA Tracker

I still haven't heard anything about my OH SESA RIR submitted last Feb. 2003. I hope they're working on it as I "type"/speak.

Hi,

As you can see, i am new to this thread, we have just applied for labor through Ohio, RIR case, could some one tell me how quickly this process seems to be moving? i mean i understand that Ohio is currently processing Feb 2003, could some one tell me for how many months they processed say the month of Jan? the reason for my question is that we are coming to finish our fourth yr in the US, and would essentially like to know if we are on border line with regards to labor certification time line.

realllly appreciate your respose Oh you experienced one's

timelines....

as far as timeliness is concerned, ever since holiday period was over they only moved one month. I am not sure if they will keep moving one month forward every month...from here on. That is what it used to be before the christmas holidays. Dude even if you anticipate that your labor is processed before 1 yr...from state level...chicago regional level has not moved since 5 months...meaning there is no hope to get your labor approved completely with this rate( believe me my position is same as yours, my h1 is also running out). I am not sure about other regions...I guess it is same everywhere...

I may be pessimistic but that is what I have seen in the past few months and wanted to update you. as far as I am concerned I have filed only through oh and nowhere else...so I am a novice myself and plan to stay that way.

:mad:

thanks solitaryseeker,

well, i guess labor approval before 6 yrs would obviously be very helpful, least we can do is HOPE at this point, we had applied for labor from a different state and that didnt move for a very long time... once we moved to the new company the previous state seems to have gone Current, is that coincidence or what.. well all the same, good luck with your labor too.

Hello,

Is there an ongoing tracker for Ohio Labor Certification (with RIR) processing times?

My priority date is September 23, 2003.

Thanks.

current trend with labor certifications...

Based on the current trend in OH and Chicago...RiR cases only

let us say people have filed the state labor in Sept 2003...OH people are working very very very hard and they are trying to process one month's worth of cases in two months.....so essentially state should finish Sept 2003 cases in Sept 2005!! :)-

Then it goes to Chicago...this is the best part. Chicago people are also working very hard...they are putting extra hours and working on weekends...not taking any vacation at all. Their rate of accomplishment is one month's worth of cases in four months. So Sept 2005 case will be processed in Sept 2009!!! :)-

We are in 2004....we should be alive to hear about our case in 2009...unless somebody does something in between or we are all forced to use the new labor certification process...where employers have to mention the job title and a general description of what they need to work on...no skill set stringency...then any citizen who responds with/without knowledge should be hired and given coaching in that field...I heard that new process is more screwy.

Great!

:D

Ask your lawyer to call immediately

You are too patient I guess. But it is worth asking your lawyer to call the state office and find out the status. Maybe that way you will know what is going on....Jan 2003 should have been processed by now!

:confused:

Who is more accurate?

Two different official websites show two different processing dates - who do you think is more accurate:

State website at http://www.odjfs.state.oh.us/owd/flc/processtimes.asp

or is it the Federal dept of labor at http://ows.doleta.gov/foreign/times.asp#reg

State website says they are processing May 2003 applications while Feds say Ohio is processing March 2003 applications.

I suppose that in either case 'jnpr' should have had his/her application already processed and dispatched to the regional office.

Although it's possible my file is already at Chicago DOL, my lawyer said it's not likely. Ohio should give my lawyer notice when they transfer files to Chicago.

My best hope is it's already at regional DOL, but at least I haven't received any request from ohio office yet.

This thread is not very active so I am wondering if someone who never came here was left behind.

When I file ohio labor, my expectation is six months, but it's been 16 months now and no light in the tunnel.

Recent approval

I did see someone in the Chicago federal thread, he/she mentioned that she/he filed in Apr 2003 and was approved(meaning forwarded to Chicago) by Apr 2004 for RiR case. If that is true then the Ohio state labor website mentioning that they are currently processing May 2004 could be true.

However anything can happen since we never know who is correct, sometimes applications do get approved randomly. Maybe by mistake on the website instead of selecting March they selected May.

Are we having enough fun yet! Chicago federal dates have not moved since a long time ...I hope they do not stick to my predictions and prove me wrong!

Did not mean to hurt anybody......

:D

Confirmation

I had asked one guy in Chicago thread who moved recently from OH sesa into fedral level...looks like OH is indeed processing May 2003 after all.

Thought it could be of some worth for those who are waiting to hear :)-

Re: AnbuFl can you pls answer something ?
Hello Solilariseeker,

Yes my case moved to DOL in April...OH Sesa is processing May 2003. yes it is for IT position

-A

Ohio Regular

My company filed my labor in Ohio under regular in January 2003.
A friend of mine, also in ohio has his case applied by his company in May 2003 under regular only and got his approval, meaning case was sent to federal.
I am amazed to learn this as their/state(OH) site says they are processing July 02 for regular. Is this possible?. if so, How is it possible?.

Attorney's/Experts, please comment!..

Ohio SESA Phone Number

Hi,

Does anyone know Ohio Sesa Number?. Please pass it!.
My attorney is reluctant to call them and does not share the number either.
Also, has any one tried calling Ohio SESA for regular labor?.
Looks like attorneys in Ohio( atleast mine) want the SESA to take their own time, so that they( attorney's) get more money for applying 7th year ext..etc.
Ohio seems to be one of the hopeless states for regular labor!.

Badluckinusa.

OHIO is very slow

For regular Labor Ohio is the worst. You are right brother! Check out other states. I applied RiR in July of 2003, but some dude from Iowa or Kansas one fo those states applied his in that state in Nov 2003. His labor is now cleared. So you know it is better changing employers if you have to and move to the other states. Imagine even if OH State clears how long it would take Chicago to clear the labor. They have not budged Nov since a long time maybe like for four months. Life is short we can be patient but if you keep waiting forever it does not make sense right?

2 cents.

:mad:

What is the minimum advertisement requirement for filing an RIR labor cert. application in ohio?