Oh! No. RFE for me

got rfe

on 28th our AVM message is changed to "additional info is requested to process ur case.....etc" for both of us.so the lawyer may receive it in few days.we r thinking that it might be for birth certificates as we sent the birth certificates issued by local indian consulate in here as we don\'t have our birth certificates.

can any of u clarify the exact way in which the ins people want us to send the birth certificates.

thank u very much.it\'s really very disappointing to hear that message .

thnx in advance
jp

Birth Certificate requirement

Hi

Sorry to hear about your RFE. Indian consulate Birth certificates are not enough for INS, as the consulates issue birth certificate based on what is in your passport. All birth\'s in India after 1969 or later should technically be registered in the hospitals. In that case they need the birth certificate from the your birth place\'s ( town/municipality/metro ) registrar of birth & death. Actually, Government of India has set aside a nice birth certificate form for the same purpose( it lists all details in both the local language and English ). Look such a nice thing exists, but we come to know of it only when we need it. Also if you need to get that, it takes quite an effort ( both monetarily & running around courts and municipal offices. Unfortunately I took this route. Had I taken the other routes, I might probably have got my GC by now, GOD willing. ). If you have right connections at high places ( sorry to say that, but that is the plain truth ), you could probably get it faster.

The second option for you is to get the affidavit of birth sworn by your parents ( if parents are not alive then sworn by nearest relatives ) and endorsed by judicial magistrate ( technically this is the correct level of official INS expects endorsement from. But many people even get it endorsed by a lawyer and make a nice Judicial magistrate rubber stamp with his name and use it ). Also for this you need to get a \'Non-availability of Birth records\' from your local muunicipality/metro ( This is relatively easier ).

Hope this helps.

Tamizhan

Recd RFE

We Recd RFE Today. For me it is w2 forma and last 4 paystubs. for my wife it is birth certificate and marraige certificate and for my son also birtn certificate. surprisingly we had submitted everything. still don\'t understand why they need it.

Birth Cert.

I had posted this last week. I too do not have birth certificate and I followed the procedure recommended by lawyer. Click below.

goldengate "hi..rfe for birth certificates?" 3/2/02 1:37am

Tamizhan, it is really tragic that due to your lawyers\' stubbornness you got an RFE. Had they not insisted on getting the birth record and just stuck with the "No record" and parents affidavits, you would have come through (like I did).

I hope you get through this. Please give your lawyers an earful and let them undo their damage. Good luck!

Thanks goldengate

Anyway, I did get the Non-availability and parent\'s affidavits for getting this birth certificate. So I will send all of them.

Tamizhan