offtopic: 485 application question

techy2468

Registered Users (C)
sorry for this off topic thread.

i have applied under EB1-OR and the dates became current but my I-140 has not been approved yet.

1. can anyone point me to a good source for all the checklist to file 485.

2. i am not planning to file 485 right now, i am just sick of pumping money into all these process, and dont have much faith in my luck (I140 for a EB1-OR is a dicey process, since my profile is not sure shot as per uscis guidelines (i dont have a nobel prize :D or invention of AIDs drug etc.. ) ).

my plan is that i will get all the documents required and be ready to file,keep looking at the visa bulletins that come out, and if my PD gets retrogressed, i will still have 12-18 days to file my application, before the bulletin becomes affective.

that means...this bulletin i am current.....but say on 15th sept they retrogress my dates, which take effect from OCT 1, i will have time till sept 30th to file my 485, is this right??

MarkOrelius said:
How did you apply for EB-1(OR) if you don't have patents / inventions ?

I have more than 10 publications(first author)...10 years of research experience (including Phd)

what would be the idea? file 485 for just EAD\AP purpose?

techy2468 said:
I have more than 10 publications(first author)...10 years of research experience (including Phd)

the idea being....that since the dates move back and forth....i may be retrogressed in future and will not be able to apply....

and of course EAD & AP and then having the option to switch employer after 6 months...

but i would like to wait till my I140 gets approved.....but at the same time i dont want to miss this opportunity...(uscis may send EB1 dates back to 2004 or something, one never knows...)