Official letterhead?

laser

Registered Users (C)
I got an NIW RFE in late Oct. asking for a letter from the funding agency of my project to state my role and its significance. My case has been supported by the DoD, and the program manager has agreed to write me such a letter. But the problem is the letter has to go through a long scrutiny process that can not be finished before the RFE deadline, especially at this time of the year.So the program manager asked whether a letter on plain paper would be enough. He will still say that he is the PM and provide all the info, and explain why could not use official letterhead. Do you think it is ok?

Thanks.

An offical letterhead does make a lot of difference (if it is on plain paper, the BCIS might think that its the personnal opinion of letter writer and not of the agency he is representing). But if you cannot get an official letterhead letter, absolutely make sure that there are full contact details in the letter, in case BCIS wants to talk to the letter writer. Maybe a few words like "On behalf of the DOD (or any agency), this is an official request that Mr. ..'s NIW petition be approved as soon as possible" can be a big factor if letter is not on a letterhead.

it also works

while getting a letter from NASA, i cannot get
the letter in offical letterhead, I was told since
it is a private letter. My case was approved no problem !

Notes:
put contact information in the letter, and also attach the resume of your letter writer to the letter !

thanks

Thanks for your replies. It makes me feel much better. One question, I did not ask the program manager to put contact info in the letter, but I printed his bio with full contact info from DoD website and plan to include this together with the reference letter. Do you think this is good?