Officer Almost Took My Green Card

oday

Registered Users (C)
almost lost my GC when i entered the US.the immigration officer took myGC. i had to beg to get it back thus just gave me a warning and entered code 705 in computer.got my GC on 2005 but i stayed in Canada. i just go to the US every 5 months and stayed for 2 weeks. i am going back to Canada for family reasons but decided to get a reentry permit this time.
any advice? does anybody know what code 705 is?do i need a US income tax return to show when i reenter the US?
thanks

got my GC on 2005 but i stayed in Canada. i just go to the US every 5 months and stayed for 2 weeks.
Why did you want a Green Card in the first place? Just wondering...
Consider yourself lucky that you got it back at all and try to learn the lesson.

Do i need a US income tax return to show when i reenter the US?

You need to convince the POE officer that you meet the standards of being a legal permanent resident, residing in the US. Search these forums; the criteria is dealt with extensively in other threads. In your case, you will probably need a lot more than a single US income tax return, although your REP is probably going to buy you some time.

got my GC on 2005 but i stayed in Canada. i just go to the US every 5 months and stayed for 2 weeks.
Why did you want a Green Card in the first place? Just wondering...
Consider yourself lucky that you got it back at all and try to learn the lesson.

my wife in canada is pregnant so i cant stay in US at this time.i am definitely relocating in the US once everything is settled.

Hi

My REP expired 2months now. Is there any grace period or special grounds to consider my entry.