Officer 242

I've got RFE from officer 242. It was legal status issue. Submitted evidence on 03/11/04, acknowledged by INS on 03/16/2004. And no news yet.

Me too

Office#242

RFE ACK: 03/23/04 ( EVL)
No approval yet.

I am frustrated with this guy.

longTX485

What did you use to prove your legal status? I thought that the doucmnets that USCIS gives is a proof of our residence and they do have all those copies on their computer. It is like mother asking a child for proof.

My guess, USCIS ties everything by A#. Now, when you originally get your visa to come to US, you get a A# which is different from your "real" A# from your 485. So no way for USCIS to tie anything together. Also, normally SSNs cannot be tied to applications as it might not be available during application of visas or EOS or COS. So, all they have to go by is names, which can be duplicated.

Originally posted by longGC
longTX485

What did you use to prove your legal status? I thought that the doucmnets that USCIS gives is a proof of our residence and they do have all those copies on their computer. It is like mother asking a child for proof.

LOL .... LOL ... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably they were looking for something like if in the past, you had stayed beyond the date on your I-94 :)