office of my area congressman informs me

anildel

Registered Users (C)
Dear *******

Thank you for your letter regarding the delay in processing of your employer's I-140 application. Unfortunately, the Nebraska Service Center has a major backlog of I-140 applications. It will most likely be another 3-4 months before they process your application. No one who has applied for an I-140 in November, 2003 has been processed yet. I am sorry, but there is nothing our office can do to expedite your case. If you still have not received any Notice of Action from USCIS within 90 days, feel free to contact our office again and I will look into it. Please let me know if you have any questions, or comments.

Sincerely,

Aide to Congressman *****

------------------------------------------------

Do they really talk to USCIS ot it is just a political reply..

Anildel
it is not a political reply. My attorney said the same thing when USCIS posted Sep 15th for few months. Mine was Sep 22 2003. You got it. Since your is Nov and the current dates are Sep 30, definetly NSC will reply like that. I guess what I can say is, just wait until your dates come. Do not mistake me.

I tried and failed. even though my dates passed still my 140 did nto get approved or even touched. Its all our fate. pray for your luck.

It is definately not political reply. Because when I contacted congressman, he wrote to me that NSC process in order it received and I will receive notice from NSC in duecourse. It never mentioned anything about 90 days or not being processed Nov cases. I am guessing they did talk to USCIS .

anildel said:
Dear *******

Thank you for your letter regarding the delay in processing of your employer's I-140 application. Unfortunately, the Nebraska Service Center has a major backlog of I-140 applications. It will most likely be another 3-4 months before they process your application. No one who has applied for an I-140 in November, 2003 has been processed yet. I am sorry, but there is nothing our office can do to expedite your case. If you still have not received any Notice of Action from USCIS within 90 days, feel free to contact our office again and I will look into it. Please let me know if you have any questions, or comments.

Sincerely,

Aide to Congressman *****

------------------------------------------------

Do they really talk to USCIS ot it is just a political reply..

Can you let me know which congressman did you send letter to?

I'm in the same boat and urgent to use AC21. Just talked to a lawyer minutes before and here's two things he informed me:
1. I can change employer after 180 filing 485 not matter 140 is approved or not. Employer can't withdraw 140 case after 485 is filed or after certain days 140 is filed. The reason why people haven't do it is because no one wants to contest.
2. For retrogression affect applicants, uscis won't process their 140 cases until the pd is current cause it make no sense for them to do it.

Guys, please let me know how do you think. really need your opinion.

Thanks everyone

Actually I sent the contents of this letter to my attorney as he's the one who advised me to write to congressman. He also thinks that these people may have got this information from USCIS and can not do anything further as the date posted on USCIS website still shows processing Sep 30,2003. I'll have to wait now.

Honeysusu, you've to write to your district congressman. I don't know where u live in illinois but I live in 10th district and congressman is Mr Mark Stevan Kirk. Phone 847 940 0202.

Last edited by a moderator:
anildel,

Most of the Sep-Dec 2003 EB2 cases struck with NSC, but looking at the current processing trend...you should be getting it at any time both I140/485.

Since you didn't hear any thing so far, it's unlikely that you will receive any queries on I140 which is a good sign for concurrent processes.

Good Luck !