Of-171

rukkles

Registered Users (C)
can anyone describe what the appointment letter looks like, the OF-171?

the appointment letter we have from the lawyer's looks like a photo copy of a letter from the NVC. its a letter with a bar code addressed to me with a date and time. it says 'please present this letter to the receptionist'. there is no mention of a form number or of OF-171.

I have a similar problem.

Upon request from our end, the Consulate sent me 3 page fax of packet-4 - w/o DS230 part-2. The interview letter just says we have fixed an appointment at this office for an interview (no date or time) and these are the list of medical facilities you should contact, etc, etc.

There is no bar code and this letter is not identified as OF-171.

Not sure if this is OF-171.

Appreciate your comment.

RK

OF - 171 is the legal form name for the IV appointment letter. Basically this is a 1-page letter stating that the consualte has received all paperwork and has scheduled IV appointment for the primary and derivative candidate on xx/xx/xxxx (date) @ xx.xx (time) am/pm

Same here I was expecting something on consulate letterhead with fancy print but it turned out to be a regular computer printout. So dont worry what you have received from the consulate is the correct OF-171/ appointment letter.