odd letter from Immigration and Naturalization Service

I just don't get it...wouldn't it show up on their files that I've already been to this same interview already and that I'm scheduled for another interview soon and they'd maybe go ahead and NOT send me ANOTHER one?

So, I just got an email from USCIS telling me that my welcome letter was sent yesterday...

Where does that put me in my "mulitple interview" type situation?

Should I just show up at the first interview coming up?

Should I phone USCIS telling them that I got an email telling me that my welcome letter is on the way?

Well congrats, if you're getting the welcome letter it means your GC is approved!

As for your interviews in September, they would seem a little pointless if you've already got a green card eh? ;)

wow, this is just getting more and more ridiculous. well, as i said in the other thread, i was in the same situation, and the officer told me at the first interview to toss the second notice. "clerical mistake, it's the government, you know," he joked. anyways, your green card is approved, that's not going to change, so if i were you, i would write a letter (since calling does no good) to both offices explaining the situation, save copies of both to cover your butt, and then forget about the whole thing. unless you live really close by the office where the last letter tells you to go, then you could just go for the heck of it. but i think that the bottom line is that you have your green card now, no more interviews needed.

I just recieved both my GC and my welcome letter this morning in a backlog of mail waiting to be delivered due to Labor Day weekend. I'll call USCIS about the other 2 interview notices and see what can be done so I won't have to attend them.

I entered the country on Oct 19, 2006
Filed for AOS on grounds that my spouse is a USC on Jan 17, 2006
I went in for biometrics on Feb 28, 2006
I changed address with AR-11 on May 30
Interview at Garden City on Aug 3, 2006
Aug 2 , 2006 recieved 2nd letter for interview- September 19th interview date, Garden City
Aug 22, 2006 recieved 3rd letter for interview- September 15th interview date, Troy Schenectady
Notification via email that my case had been approved Aug 28, 2006
Notification via email that my GC was being prepared and mailed Aug 31, 2006
Recieved both welcome notice and GC Sep 5, 2006

I phoned USCIS and was informed that since I now have my GC, the takes precedence over all preceeding documents and that I can scrap the other 2 letters.
I guess I was in both the fortunate and unfortunate position of having had my 2nd letter reach me after my first interview and having both odd interview dates occur after the arrival of my welcome notice and GC.

I entered the country on Oct 19, 2006
Filed for AOS on grounds that my spouse is a USC on Jan 17, 2006
I went in for biometrics on Feb 28, 2006
I changed address with AR-11 on May 30
Interview at Garden City on Aug 3, 2006
Aug 2 , 2006 recieved 2nd letter for interview- September 19th interview date, Garden City
Aug 22, 2006 recieved 3rd letter for interview- September 15th interview date, Troy Schenectady
Notification via email that my case had been approved Aug 28, 2006
Notification via email that my GC was being prepared and mailed Aug 31, 2006
Recieved both welcome notice and GC Sep 5, 2006
Got confirmation that I don't need to attend the 2 September interviews Sep 5, 2006
All Clear

Now get this! I got another email from USCIS telling me I have been approved for a green card on September 05, 2006. What does that mean? 2 Green Cards? Maybe I'll start a collection? Maybe I'll keep one at home and carry the other one with me...as the welcome letter tells me...It's the law!