OCTOBER Visa Bulletin - Hurricane Retrogression 2007 Arrived

trivedird

Registered Users (C)
OCTOBER Visa Bulletin :mad: :rolleyes: :eek:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bu...etin_3800.html

It is frustrating. I am facing this retrogression hurricane second time when I was about to get GC. No words.

I attended last ombudsman conference call and one of the question was how are you going to deal with new application with old PDs? And, he clearly mentioned that it will again get retrogress to date which has oldest date. Looking to that, they have got 22-Apr-2001 PD for EB3 category.

According to me, it is money making strategy, everybody who is stuck here maintaining AP/EADs and feeding them $305/$340 respectively per year for years. They have increased fees recently and setting back date means you are bound to pay fees without even having an option to speak/inquire/obtain RIGHT info about your case. You pay money and in return get nothing except bagging experience.

For individual, one has to pay

$1010.00 - 485 Filing Fee + Attorney fee $1500 to support I-485 case until approval
$ 305.00 - Advance Parole Filing Fee/Year + Attorney Fee $750 optional
$ 340.00 - EAD filing fee/Year + Attorney fee $750 optional
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$1655.00 - Total fees if gets approve in a year. ? .. Let me put 6 years with this bulletin
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$4880.00 - Total Fees by individual + Attorney Fee ($9000.00) if you don’t learn how to file by yourself.
USCIS may open online classes to make more money. :)

So, if you are supporting your family too then multiply with above numbers.

I think, retrogression won’t be painful if USCIS give some freedom or advantages as below.

1. EAD/AP document once approved never gets expire till decision made on I-485.
2. EAD/AP fees + Attorney Fees can be consider as valid expenses in Tax Return
3. Count no. of years spent in I-485 process towards CITIZEN. It means, if you get your GC after 4 ½ years then you are qualify to be CITIZEN after 6 months. And, if you are getting your GC on 6th year then you get GC & CITIZEN together. ?
4. Initiate NameCheck process upon I-485 filing to avoid delays.
5. And, whenever we call customer service, we get right and consistent answer on case.

I think above things helps but we are not heaven so only dreaming of process.

I earned my graduation degree in 4 years and they are taking more than 4 years (now it may be 6-7 years) to validate my 3-4 papers in total before approving GC. :)

No words about current policy, process, retrogression theory, and ALL.

If you have a good tax consultant - and u itemize, thenmake sure you do this -EAD/AP fees + Attorney Fees can be consider as valid expenses in Tax Return
. YES. its possible even now. Dont go thro HR block or other online software. They DO NOT HELP ANYWAY. They cant even process 4 papers - why should not we use Loop holes. Make sure you get most of your taxes back.

Whom to blame?

trivedird,

One correction, if you pay newer I485 fees (i.e. $1010 + biometrics) then you donot have to pay any filing fees ever for EAD and/or AP. You donot even pay these fees for renewals of EAD and AP as many times you renew it. People who filed using July visa bulletin with older fees are stuck with paying newer fees of EAD and AP every year.

Other is: USCIS does "try" to initiate namecheck after I485 biometrics.

Agreed with all other stuff.

Also, DOS has released 2005 LC statistics. Its interesting to see that approx 28% of all the LC are issued to Indians in compare to 7% of chinese. We are just too many to start with and also smarter (china has more population but very low LC approvals in compare to India)..........retrogression for India is bound to happen........I aggree that USCIS has their own sets of problems.......But first, should we blame our previous generations for not implementing family planning efficiently??? OR still to believe that "Bhacche bhagwan ki den hai"

new filers get better deal - sounds like the sprint ad -new kids get latest model crayons and pencil....May be we should work towards $1 = Rs.1.

Then - why the heck we have to come here and suffer. Hope that happens.Then all the EGO that this country has will disappear.

For old timers, we still have to maintain and pay EAD/AP fees.

They didn't allow any July-Aug 485 filers to file with NEW Fee structure, that means all of these new(I485) filers would be paying EAD/AP too, and for a long time it seems.

For a change, USCIS approved my EAD for a year starting from last day on my current EAD(which is still 2 months away). Saved 2.5 months there, have lost these in previous 2 renewals. No such kindness for AP, its expiring in 1 year from date of approval. (not bad, atleast they approved it :cool: )