October I-140 Filed cases VSC !!!

Oct I-140 sent the file on Oct 10 and received by VSC on 11th.

Oct I-140 sent the file on Oct 10 and received by VSC on 11th.No receipt yet. I will post as soon as I get it

No Title

I believe that my lawyer has not asked for AOS or CP. He said that we would need to do that only when the I-140 gets approved, which looking at some of the discussion threads on this board doesn\'t seem to be true. How might this effect the timing of the GC approval process going forward? Please advise. Also I notice that my EAC # starts as EAC 02 002 xxxxxxx while the other ones I have seen for September begin as EAC 01 XXXX. Do any of the other October RD guys have EAC numbers similar to mine? Thanks

No Title

It is advisable to file your I-140 with indication for a CP because it allows you to file for both options (AOS or CP) later on without any additional delays.
If nothing is specified in the filed I-140, the AOS option will be approved by default on your I-140 application. If you decide that you would like to go for CP after your I-140 is approved for AOS, you will have to file another form I-824, which takes 3-6 months to approve. However, if your I-140 has a CP option and you decide to go for AOS, you do not need any other form to file, you just simply file an AOS application. I think that your lawyer is maybe hoping for some extra work and money for him.
You still have a chance to ask for the CP option on your I-140 if your lawyer sends a letter indicating this right away.
Good luck!

No Title

I am 100% agree with Mantra.
I would like to mention you here one more thing which is Petition filed with INS on OCT 1 or later will contain EAC # 02-xxxxxxx. Becoz from OCT 1 , New Year 2002 starts. So we all will get number like EAC# 02-xxxxxxxxx.
Thanks

No Title

Have you guys got receipt yet? My case was filed on Oct. 4th. and my attorney says that it will take a few more weeks to get it. How long does it usually to get a receipt from VSC?

No Title

Rohtak got receipt yet, who filed on Oct 2, 2001. I think except this no body got yet receipt yet from INS for OCT 2001. If any one got it please post here.
Thanks

No Title

Thanks for the information. I will check with my lawyer right away and make sure that he takes the necessary steps. The law firm I am dealing with is one of the largest immigration law firms in the US (even globally) and you might be right that they could be dragging their feet to their advantage. Thanks again

No Title

Mu I-140 filing was mailed on Sept 25th and my lawyer recieved the notice with RD of Oct 2 -- the AVM says the same thing. I hope that helps and you guys get your RD\'s soon

Change to CP - Applied in OCT

Does any know if its possible to change to CP after applying I-140. My lawer sent the package on Oct 10th. Does any one know if its possible to change it to CP before the I-140 processing completes...what is the procedure...

I guess that\'s even better in that case

Do you think my I-140 could get approved this year??

No Title

Your lawyer needs to write and send a letter to INS requesting this change. He should indicate your EAC # there as well.

Are reference/experience letters from former employer reqd for I-140 filing?

Hi all:
I\'m new to this board.
I had a question regarding I-140 (or GC process in general).
My comapny filed my labor (RIR) and it got approved earlier this month.
My company\'s lawyers then asked for some address/salary/marital status changes from me for filing the I-140. There was no mention of ref. letters.
They have already filed the I-140 (today) but I haven\'t sent them the ref. letters yet. Is this doable? or is INS going to Request for more Evidence (RFE)? Are ref. letters sent to the INS with the I-140 application packet or is it just for the lawyers?

Any answers would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.