• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

October 2022 Visa Bulletin

Xarthisius

C. THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN NOVEMBER

RegionAll DV Chargeability Areas Except
Those Listed Separately
AFRICA5,700Except: Algeria 5,600
Egypt 1,700
Morocco 5,600
ASIA2,800Except: Iran 2,500
Nepal 1,450
EUROPE5,700Except: Russia 5,600
Uzbekistan 5,600
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS)4
OCEANIA375
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN

No movement at all :(
[1] https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...etin/2023/visa-bulletin-for-october-2022.html

Nope, that comes only from cases from 2022.
Those dv2020 people are never going to get their visas, are they?

Interesting that they washed over the limit without stopping issuance. Maybe they feel they were so under last time, or maybe the logistics of trying to stop on the last day were just too much. Anyway - it’s a great outcome for many applicants, though I still feel really bad for the applicants at certain embassies who just hardly issued this year for reasons I don’t understand. What’s your most up to date figure for Ghana by the way?

Maybe they feel they were so under last time, or maybe the logistics of trying to stop on the last day were just too much.
I think you're giving them too much credit by assuming that's something they "control" and not just screw up...
Anyway - it’s a great outcome for many applicants, though I still feel really bad for the applicants at certain embassies who just hardly issued this year for reasons I don’t understand. What’s your most up to date figure for Ghana by the way?
For Accra? They issued mere 140 visas and refused 52 people. Barely did any work the entire FY...

I think you're giving them too much credit by assuming that's something they "control" and not just screw up...

For Accra? They issued mere 140 visas and refused 52 people. Barely did any work the entire FY...
I’m basing it on past experience where the quotas have been reached and embassies have been told to immediately stop issuing (refuse anyone left on AP and cancel remaining interviews, i believe it even happened same day before).

More than 3000 selectees from Ghana. That’s just shockingly bad.

I’m basing it on past experience where the quotas have been reached and embassies have been told to immediately stop issuing (refuse anyone left on AP and cancel remaining interviews, i believe it even happened same day before).
Yeah, I remember DV17 when they stopped issuing AOS after ~09/07. This year though full of craziness. Believe it or not, there were people who received 2nl yesterday afternoon (US time) for an interview in Mumbai, India for today. They got visas.

Yeah, I remember DV17 when they stopped issuing AOS after ~09/07. This year though full of craziness. Believe it or not, there were people who received 2nl yesterday afternoon (US time) for an interview in Mumbai, India for today. They got visas.
do you remember when they just cancelled interviews at the embassies?

probably someone got refused and they had visa numbers to use, amazing those people invited so late had had the forethought to have documents and medical etc ready just in case, hm?

do you remember when they just cancelled interviews at the embassies?

probably someone got refused and they had visa numbers to use, amazing those people invited so late had had the forethought to have documents and medical etc ready just in case, hm?
Mumbai made an arrangement with the physician and told the 13 cases to go there first thing, then head to the embassy. It was cool. The embassy also worked late.

I agree with Xarthisius though. They screwed up is the most likely explanation. They should have stopped issuing visas for AP, but they somehow lost control.

Mumbai made an arrangement with the physician and told the 13 cases to go there first thing, then head to the embassy. It was cool. The embassy also worked late.
That’s excellent. It seems Accra was the outlier this year, so many embassies pulled together really hard to issue Dv.

They should have stopped issuing visas for AP, but they somehow lost control.
well. Hard to reconcile that statement with a sudden last minute interview invitation, imo. They should have stopped AP but they invited new people on 29 September for an interview? That seems pretty deliberate and easy to not do if you’re running out of visa numbers.

That’s excellent. It seems Accra was the outlier this year, so many embassies pulled together really hard to issue Dv.

well. Hard to reconcile that statement with a sudden last minute interview invitation, imo. They should have stopped AP but they invited new people on 29 September for an interview? That seems pretty deliberate and easy to not do if you’re running out of visa numbers.
Yes - they seem to have lost control. The numbers for scheduled cases were nicely within the cap, but they also cleared about 2500 AP's during the final week. That pushed them over by around 800 to 1000 visas. Bizarre.

Interesting piece of news: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/update-on-worldwide-visa-operations.html

Especially:
We issued 54,334 Diversity Visas during the DV-2022 program year. That is the highest number of DVs issued in 25 years, and all available DV numbers were exhausted when that total was combined with the domestic adjustments of status approved by USCIS under the DV program.
The number we got from CEAC on 10/05/22 was: 54340. That's just **6** off the official claim.