my n-400 time line

N-400 Delaware
10/14/09 N-400 application Sent
10/19/09 INS received date
10/28/09 check cashed
10/28/09 NOA received
11/02/09 FP notice received
11/12/09 FP done!
12/01/09 txt/email notification on status update/interview:)
12/03/09 Interview notice received
01/14/09 Interview date @ Philadelphia center : D

Last edited by a moderator:
How to find if the fingerprint is clear?
Why I dont have LUD change at all after FingerPrint done?

Good morning,

It looks like I should be getting the IL in the next couple of days. I got the e-mail/SMS update promptly at 3:45 AM EST.

"The case has been transferred to a local office and an interview will be scheduled..."

Sig. updated accordingly.

Dardan

Thanks to all for posting your timelines. It is very reassuring for those stuck in a period awaiting action. I have a priority date of 10/09 and completed my fingerprints on 11/17. It looks as if the October filings are starting to get interview dates.

My DO is Atlanta, which seems to be moving a little slower than most other DO's.

Thanks Y'all.

There are many of us with similar dates:

GC Date - 01/07/2005

D/O Atlanta

10/09 - N-400 Delivered
10/14 - Check Cashed (10/13 Priority Date)
10/17 - Received I-797C NOA
11/10 - RFE/ FP Sent
11/11 - RFE Text/Email rcvd
11/17 - Received Fingerprint Appt.
12/01 - Fingerprint appt

Check Cashed

I mailed my application by USPS Express to Lewisville,TX. The tracking says it was forwarded to a different address in Dallas and received on Friday 27th.

Anyway, the check was cashed yesterday, so I guess the process has started.

Good luck to everybody.

7 Days later the check is cashed...
---------------------------------------------------
Here is my tracking..
11/24/09-(day000) Mailed to Lewisville, TX (Express USPS)
11/27/09-(day003) N-400 Delivered @ Lewisville, TX
12/01/09-(day007) Check Cashed

Waiting for NOA

Fingerprints issue

My wife received a letter form USCIS saying that "FBI was not able to process the fingerprint card and asks to go for fingerprinting again on the 12/18/09."

So, i told her to apply hand lotion/cream before going to bed for about four or five nights/days and go for fingerprinting sometime next week(walk-in).

Any other inputs/suggestions/ similar experience(s) ?

What happens if they can't get good fingerprints even after a couple of more attempts ?

Vatiger, go to a dermatologist and get clobetarasol cream, it's a steroid. It will help a lot. If they still can't process her fp, she will be asked to provide a police clearance report. Are you in nova?

I think i found here exactly what may be needed if the FBI fingerprints don't go well.
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=305213&highlight=fingerprints+re-taken

They need the following:

"As a result of two fingerprint rejects by the FBI, in order to continue processing your Application for Naturalization, it isi necessary for you to provide the following documents:

- On original letterhead, (no copies, copies will be rejected) bring a letter from the Government Authorities, to include a letter from the City Police Department AND a letter from the County Sheriff's office, which Certifies "No Police or Criminal Record" FROM EACH AND EVERY CITY you have resided in during the past FIVE YEARS.

For the last three years, we can go to the police station here and get the letters.
But I am wondering if we need to get the letters from New York state police in person or online/phone. So, anyone from new york state, please ? Any info will be appreciated.

Houston Area N-400

Did fingerprints today at the local ASC. Very friendly staff, was surprised how efficient they were - it only took 35 minutes from the time we (spouse and myself) entered until we were finished.

Now it is just waiting for the clearance and our interview day to be set. I'd like others to comment, but it would appear to me that we're likely to receive our interview letter sometime towards the end of December, and our interview is likely to be in early February? Agree?

Houston Area N-400 (Employment Based Green Card)

10.9.2009 - N-400 mailed to Lewisville, TX
10.16.2009 - Received Date
10.20.2009 - Priority Date
10.20.2009 - Payment Processed
10.20.2009 - Notice Date
10.24.2009 - Notice of Action Received
11.10.2009 - Request for Evidence
11.20.2009 - Finger Print Notice received
12.3.2009 - Finger Print Appointment Date
12.3.2009 - Finger Print Completed on
xx/xx/xxxx - Interview Notice Received
xx/xx/xxxx - Interview Date

Status changed yesterday

Yesterday, my status changed to standard interview. I guess the next logical step is in person interview in new year.

Yesterday, my status changed to standard interview. I guess the next logical step is in person interview in new year.

You are about 4-5 days behind me in terms of dates... :) but got your status changed before me. wish you luck, wish me the same. cheers...
DO: Newark NJ
10/08/09: N-400 Mailed Lewisville, TX
10/13/09: N-400 Received
10/19/09: Check cashed
10/16/09: PD
10/15/09: NOA date
10/22/09: NOA received
10/23/09: Online status changed to RFE (Not sure if this itself means FP notice)
10/22/09: FP notice date
10/26/09: FP notice received
11/10/09: FP done
XXX/09: IL date (Waiting)
XXX/09: IL received
XXX/09: YL received
XXX/09: ID
XXX/09: OD
XXX/09: PP applied (Expedited service)
XXX/09: PP received

Today, my status changed to standard interview. Need to wait for the date(hopefully after my five year GC anniversary...:) )

Unfortunately for my wife she needs to go for one more round of fingerprints as the FBI wasn't able to process her first one. :mad:

I received Yellow Letter yesterday 12/03 asking for DL/Arrest record (I mentioned speeding ticket). But I never got LUD unlike my wife for Sending to Local Office for Interview. Application was sent at the same time. Any experience from fellow applicant in here will be very much appreciated (do I have to worry about the yellow letter , I have a receipt of speeding ticket/payment ? why I didi'nt get the LUD ? what is our chances of me and my spouse getting the same date of interview ?) :

n400 sent oct 19
n400 received oct 21
NOA oct 23
FP notice oct 29
FP done nov 5
LUD online for interview (For Spouse) dec 1
Yellow letter for me dec 3
Interview Letter ???
Interview Date ???