• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

October 2008 Bulletin is out!

C. ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN NOVEMBER

For November, immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2009 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOWthe specified allocation cut-off number:

Region All DV Chargeability Areas Except Those Listed Separately
AFRICA 12,500
Egypt 5,900
Ethiopia 6,300
Nigeria 6,000

ASIA 5,300
EUROPE 11,000
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 3
OCEANIA 325
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 550

Wow, almost 5,000 jump for Europe. A this rate, my CN could be current either in January or February next year. :)

I wonder what caused this high jump? Is it because a lot of people from Europe don't want to migrate to the U.S? It would be interesting to know the reason.

I talked to several people over the weekend, including some Engineers who worked in a big company in the U.S, and most of them are talking how sick they are with how bad the U.S economy right now. Everything is getting expensive and with the ongoing inflation of the U.S Dollar, everything is getting harder and harder to afford. They also mentioned how they are jealous with the Europeans with their strong Euro and how much more relax their lifestyle over there. They say this because they are comparing to how much the Europeans are making per year and how much days off the European get in a year. In the U.S, you get paid less and you get less vacation in a year compare to people who live in West European countries with the same type of job.

It is a difficult time in the U.S at this time. The economy is a mess, prices of food, gas, and essential goods are getting more expensive every month, jobs are getting harder to get, the country is still currently going on a war and has caused tremendous amount of debt to the people, natural disasters are keep coming every month or every week, and also the government is about undergoing a big CHANGE with the November election.

Not to scared people who is going to migrate to the U.S. This is all facts on what happening in the U.S at the moment. Just get ready for somewhat difficult time when you're arrive in the U.S this year or next year. It is already hard enough for the people who already live in the country, and it could be even harder for new immigrants.

Last edited by a moderator:
WoW

need help
i am from egypt and my case number is 35** is this mean that i will have my interview in november
when can i call Kcc to know my interview date ?

need help
i am from egypt and my case number is 35** is this mean that i will have my interview in november

Call KCC in a week or two from today. By then, they should have scheduled your interview.

Yes you will have your Interview in November for sure,call them 10 working days from now and surely they will tell you your date and time.

Good Luck

need help

You can call them in 5-7 days, or you can wait for 2-3 weeks to get the 2nd notification letter!

Thanks

Thanks for every one ... I know that GOD are beside me in every moment of my life ....
GOD IS LOVE​

Wow, big jump for Europe :eek: I know the bulletin is just out and everything but judging by those numbers, do you think it's likely my interview could be in December, given my number is EU14XXX ?

Oceania seems to be crawling along at a very slow pace this year compared to last year.

Looks like at this rate I should be looking at a February interview at the earliest? :confused:

^^ You are still going to be fine! My number was so much higher than yours (current only last June) and I still made it. If you have an interview in Feb, it actually will give you time to organize all your paperwork--so there's no rush!

Can anyone comment ? My Cn is AS28XXX, can anyone predict whether i will have an interview or not.............even if it is late!!!

I really can't wait !!! My case number is 25XXX.Like this speed,I think I have to wait one year to go to the interview ! So bad for me !

Last edited by a moderator:
you have 1 year to prepare, tie up loose-ends, do some sightseeing and do some reading up on America.

See, always a bright side to things haha

Help :

I want to know if there are any one who have number current for novermber in the visa bulletin for october 2008 ....call KCC to now the interview date ?
LET me know ?