October 2007 VB - EB2 - India Only

Imm_Exploited

Registered Users (C)

Hello EB2 India friends!! Please post your views about how the October 2007 visa bulletin would like like. My guess (I guess we can only make guesses here) is the dates could either remain the same as they were in June 2007 VB or slightly move forward.

I cannot imagine any one suggesting that the dates could go back to the dates of May 2007 VB or retrogress even further back, because the USCIS moved the dates forward for June 2007 VB only after they figured that there were not enough applicants by May 11, 2007. The USCIS even went ahead and made all EB current for July 2007 VB on June 12, 2007 (of-course we all now know the fiasco) which indicates that that they didn't have enough applications based on PDs of May 2007 VB.

Last edited by a moderator:
VB is unpredictable !! USCIS and DOS has lost the trust and integrity. No one had predicted Current in July VB (published on 6/12/07) and later it was bomb shock on July 2 update.

Hello EB2 India friends!! Please post your views about how the October 2007 visa bulletin would like like. My guess (I guess we can only make guesses here) is the dates could either remain the same as they were in June 2007 VB or slightly move forward.

I cannot imagine any one suggesting that the dates could go back to the dates of May 2007 VB or retrogress even further back, because the USCIS moved the dates forward for June 2007 VB only after they figured that there were not enough applicants by May 11, 2007. The USCIS even went ahead and made all EB current for July 2007 VB on June 12, 2007 (of-course we all now know the fiasco) which indicates that that they didn't have enough applications based on PDs of May 2007 VB.

It's hard to make predictions when the dust from July VB is yet to settle. Looking back in past, since first July VB was announced their had been two more VB's and each not clearly stating what the hell is going on. So I guess the merit for discussing future VB's lies on which direction the current VB is going

We still need to wait for next two weeks before starting the fresh round of next months VB prediction contest ( if predicted correct you bear the consequneces). I suggest we start predicting "wether our I-485 applications are going to be accepted or not?" :)

early 2004

My guess would be Jan/Feb/March 2004.

EB2-India was stuck at Jan 2003 for a long time, it jumped to April 04 in June and apparently that was enough for them to exhaust 60k visa numbers. So there is probably some demand still left in that timeframe. Some straw polls on immigrationvoice show lots of people with 2003/2004 PDs still waiting for approval. Many 2003/2004 people also got out of BECs and are waiting to file I485, so even if dates move to early 2004 in October VB, this new wave of applicants will put pressure on the numbers for the rest of the year. Slow going till 2005.

It would be nice if you all could confirm that you are EB2 category and put in the PD and the country like vijaysaxena did.

khodalmd - I see that your your PD is 07/21/05. Could you please confirm you are in EB2 category and the country? Thanks.

BECsufferer & gc_chahiye123 - could you please share your details as above? Thanks.

The reason I started this thread was to find out how many EB2 from India visit this portal and how many of them are willing to share their experiences. Well, some may call it tracking but nobody is divulging their real names anyway. We all know that USCIS is ridiculous in their processing the immigrant applications but these experience-sharing threads should give us an idea of how incorrigible the USCIS is.

My details are in the signature.

It would be nice if you all could confirm that you are EB2 category and put in the PD and the country like vijaysaxena did.

khodalmd - I see that your your PD is 07/21/05. Could you please confirm you are in EB2 category and the country? Thanks.

BECsufferer & gc_chahiye123 - could you please share your details as above? Thanks.

The reason I started this thread was to find out how many EB2 from India visit this portal and how many of them are willing to share their experiences. Well, some may call it tracking but nobody is divulging their real names anyway. We all know that USCIS is ridiculous in their processing the immigrant applications but these experience-sharing threads should give us an idea of how incorrigible the USCIS is.

My details are in the signature.

mine is EB2-India with a PD of July 2006. Lost out on an earlier PD with a labor that could not get to 140 stage! :(

There was a similar poll on immigration voice where over 200 EB2-India people voted:
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6128

lots of people with <2003, 2003 and 2004 PDs...

I think it will be worse than what it was in June, possibly even worse than May. Then it will sit like that without moving much for 9-10 months, with very few approvals. Then the dates will jump far in August or September, but by then it will be too late and at least 20,000 visas will go unused for the fiscal year.

Murthy.com website indicates that the Oct visa bulletin is going to look more like April/May Visa Bulletin at best.So no hopes for several years for EB-2 India.

I think it will be worse than what it was in June, possibly even worse than May. Then it will sit like that without moving much for 9-10 months, with very few approvals. Then the dates will jump far in August or September, but by then it will be too late and at least 20,000 visas will go unused for the fiscal year.

oh no! I really hope they dont waste visas again! Its such a precious resource and they squander it away!!

screw USCIS. time to petition my company to open a Canadian office (Microsoft showed the way!); they really want the high-skilled folks to come over.

As if attorney murthy is the ultimatum on predictions. It is time to consider suing murthy.com for making predictions (that sometimes are correct and sometimes wrong) and exploiting the immigrant community.

neelar - What is your Category/PD/Country?

EB2 may remain same

I agree with you Imm_exploited.
Stakeholders such as murthy.com, immigration-law or IV spread rumors and suck the juice of their freightened clients, from us.

No doubt they give the right information, but only provide information that is in their best interest. Its always a good idea to get info straight from USCIS website instead of reading interpretations from these stakeholders' websites.

Anyways, talking about EB2 dates for oct 2008 I think the dates would atleast be what they were in June 2007. However, the biggest problem with this prediction is the EB3 to EB2 conversions during these few months. We all know that the number of such conversions would only increase in these retrogressed conditions.

Lets hope for the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wondering if you Did apply or not?

Your PD IS FEB 2004.you were eligible to apply 485 in june 2007. Wondering if you Did apply or not?

I agree with you Imm_exploited.
Stakeholders such as murthy.com, immigration-law or IV spread rumors and suck the juice of their freightened clients, from us.

No doubt they give the right information, but only provide information that is in their best interest. Its always a good idea to get info straight from USCIS website instead of reading interpretations from these stakeholders' websites.

Anyways, talking about EB2 dates for oct 2008 I think the dates would atleast be what they were in June 2007. However, the biggest problem with this prediction is the EB3 to EB2 conversions during these few months. We all know that the number of such conversions would only increase in these retrogressed conditions.

Lets hope for the best.