October 2007 Filers

Btw, there are two numbers on the FP notice. I tried both but none worked. Do you have one tracking number for your complete case or a separate one for each application (I-130, I-485...)?

what do you mean tracking number? I have 4 receipt numbers for 130, 485, 765 and 131. I have to check my FP notice to see what you mean the numbes on the FP notice. I remember it says for I-765 and I-485. didnt pay attention to other numbers

what do you mean tracking number? I have 4 receipt numbers for 130, 485, 765 and 131. I have to check my FP notice to see what you mean the numbes on the FP notice. I remember it says for I-765 and I-485. didnt pay attention to other numbers

I received my FP notice on the 22nd and appt is on the 15th. Also finally I can now track my case online.

There is no concept of tracking number for the whole case, each individual thing (I-131, 485, 765) have receipt numbers of their own --- one can build a portfolio online and add each of these numbers so that they can be tracked in one place without having to re-enter numbers.

The only numbers I see on my FP notice are the receipt numbers for my 765 and 485 --- that's because those are the only two things which need a fingerprint.

btw miaomiao1 and mfghazi, looks like both of you are from DO Newark, so am I, so have a question --- my 485 receipt had a ASC code of 3 and 765 had ASC code 2 while the FP notice has ASC code 3. Are yours the same --- any idea what ASC code is and why it is different in case of the 765?

I can track my portfoio on line so i didnt pay attention to the numbers on FP notice.

The ASC codes represent different FP requirements. ASC 2 requires index finger print, whhile ASC 3 requires all fingers print. Sine we are doing FP for bith 485 and 765, so ASC 3 covers all.

My Timeline

Timeline:
DO: Chicago Office
-10/15/2007 Mailed I-485, I-864 & G-325A to chicago lockbox
-10/16/2007, Received at Local Office per USPS
-10/23/2007, check cashed
-Awaiting

MiaoMia

No, it is my understanding that it got delivered to the local office as the check has been cashed.

DoneleftAustin

How are you able to check the status if you did not get any notice back from USCIS yet? Is that the MSC number printed behind the check??

Hi!

I posted my forms (I-485, I-765, G-325, I-693, I-864) on 4th Oct, and they received it on 5th Oct. But I still haven't received any of my receipts. Is that ok?

~ ar1

DoneleftAustin

How are you able to check the status if you did not get any notice back from USCIS yet? Is that the MSC number printed behind the check??

RustyNail,

I just received the notices today, so I was able to check my status online. By the way, the MSC numbers on the back of the checks match the MSC numbers on the receipts except for the last digit. For example, I130 check was MSCXXXXXXXXX3, I130 receipt was MSCXXXXXXXXX6. For the I-485, check was MSCXXXXXXXXX2, receipt was MSCXXXXXXXXX4. You can try that approach if you like with your checks...

On a different note, like you, I sent the package via USPS. Once it got to Chicago, USPS stopped showing tracking information for the package. In hindsight, I should have used UPS or FedEx. Oh, well!:rolleyes:

Just a quick update..

I received my notice today with receipt number and A number which my friend said (who just got thru the whole process) is your future green card (alien) number.

The notice says that biometrics notice to be followed soon. Let's see how long it takes to get it...

ar1

what office you filed your application with? has your check been cashed? did you file only adjustment of status?

ar1

what office you filed your application with? has your check been cashed? did you file only adjustment of status?

I filed it with the Chicago Lockbox. Actually, it's for my husband. I just got my citizenship, so we needed to adjust his status and send the other forms, as he had already filed the I-130 in Aug '06. And we r kinda concerned as we haven't got the NOAs for any of them. And we sent a money order, so we don't know if they cashed it or not.

~ ar1

I filed it with the Chicago Lockbox. Actually, it's for my husband. I just got my citizenship, so we needed to adjust his status and send the other forms, as he had already filed the I-130 in Aug '06. And we r kinda concerned as we haven't got the NOAs for any of them. And we sent a money order, so we don't know if they cashed it or not.

~ ar1

same here. i got my wife on trial here. i got citizenship and later got petition approved for her. i only filed for i485, no travel or work documents needed.

Timeline:

DO: Chicago, IL
-10/15/2007 Mailed I-485, I-864 to chicago lockbox
-10/16/2007, USCIS Receipt Date
-10/23/2007, USCIS Notice Date
-10/23/2007, check cashed
-10/25/2007, I485 Notice received and online status available.
-Fingerprint Notice Date - ??? :confused:

Letter says my file has been transferred to MSC for processing.

Anybody filed at Chicago Office and close to my timeline? Please respond!

doneleftaustin.. did you get any response so far??

Thanks.

Update for October Filer

10/02/2007: Filed I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765, I-864, G-325A (immigrant), G-325A (usc) to Chicago by fedex
10/03/2007: Delivered at Chicago Lockbox
10/12/2007: Checks cashed
10/13/2007: NOA received for I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765
10/15/2007 FP notice received for 10/31/2007
10/25/2007 RECEIVED(10/29/07) RFE for 1-864 -

Going for fingerprints on wednesday 10/31/2007

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there....

I think my case is getting late here..my timeline was very close to doneleftaustin and he already got the FPs, I am still waiting.. Is this because my DO Office is Chicago???

Just concerned..

doneleftaustin.. did you see any updates online re. FP since you got the FP letter? Or is it still the same..

Hi there....

I think my case is getting late here..my timeline was very close to doneleftaustin and he already got the FPs, I am still waiting.. Is this because my DO Office is Chicago???

Just concerned..

doneleftaustin.. did you see any updates online re. FP since you got the FP letter? Or is it still the same..

RustyNail, no, there have been no updates online. Just the FP notice in the mail... You can probably check the timelines on visajourney.com to see if anyone from Chicago has a timeline comparable to yours. Hang in there!

DLA

Does anybody know if you could just walk in for firgerprints before the appointment, and if you can, is it going to affect the application process