October 2001 Leftover I-485/EAD/AP Reciepts..

ksv

Registered Users (C)
Most of the Oct. filers got reciepts. Lets see how many got stuckup.

Mine MD 29-OCT-2001, According to UPS tracking, ,my package was recieved by INS Vermont on 30-OCT-2001 (RD).

Checks are not encashed yet. No news from attorney.

Still waiting for Receipt

Applied initally and sent papers on August 20th for Filing I-485, Due to the mistake of lawyers, My papers was sent back to the lawyer office as per Lawyer. I haven\'t called INS IIO even Once. Later on applied on Oct 30th 2001, No receipt yet or any news from lawyer with the change of address from CT to PA. I came to US in 96, Should have been applied and have got my GC by now, due to the mistakes of the lawyer I am still sailing in the boat.

When I ask for any updates from the lawyer, they say it takes 60-90 days, hence no reciept. Also how can I call a IIO without any reference receipt about my mailing status, Also can you please let me know the 180 days rule from the receipt date or from the applied date.

Thanks
Sanjay Kumar
EB3, INDIA
PD June 1999.
AD Oct 30th for I-485
No Receipt.

MD 10/23 CHECK ENCASHED 12/7 NO RECEIPT YET FOR ME & MY WIFE

MD 10/23 CHECK ENCASHED 12/7 NO RECEIPT YET FOR ME & MY WIFE

My checks are encashed on 11-DEC-2001. MD 29-OCT-2001.

I just checked with bank, my checks are encashed on 11-Dec-2001.

Got Receipts. MD 29-OCT-2001 RD 08-NOV-2001, ND 06-DEC-2001.

We both got Receipts, Checks are encashed on 11-Dec and Attorney Received Receipts on 12-Dec. I mailed I-485 Package on 29-OCT-2001 by UPS and Tracked it, It was received by INS on 30-OCT-2001, but on receipts it says RD 08-NOV-2001, ND 06-DEC-2001.

mailing date 10/3, not yet received receipts

Hi,
My lawyer says he mailed the package on 10/3 and did not receive any info from INS.
I am very much concerned.Please advice what to do.
I sent money orders. Is there any way to track those.

Thanks in advance
anu_r

New to 485

Guys & gals,
I didnt realize until I read your postings here that it takes nearly 3 months for VSC to even generate a receipt for an I485 application.
My lawyer told me that these days processing times are much better than what they used to be. He even told me that, if all goes well, I should get my GC approved in about 10 months or so.
My question is, since you guys seem to be in the race longer than I have, what is your best take of the situation? And, when do you actually start counting the days -- from the date of mailing or the date you receive your receipt or the date INS assigned you a case number??
Your answers will be much appreciated. Thanks & good luck.

485/EAD/AP MD 10/22, no receipt yet, Called IIO

No receipt Yet. Got AP 12/14
Called IIO, got case #.
Call AVM saying received on 12/01, is it a receipt date?
If yes why it\'s not shortly after MD 10/22?
I am guessing it\'s ND.

Anyone can explain?