OCT99 - RFE received finally - NEED EXPERTS HELP - Bhanu and others

beegee

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My RFE got lost in the mail (my attorney - who is the company owner claims). We requested another one last week and we received it today. My attorney says they are asking for 1999 tax returns. I never heard of tax return. I have only W-2. I left a message with my attorney and yet to call back. Experts, did anyone of you have receievd a similar RFE asking for a return. I have not seen the RFE copy yet. Told my attorney to fax it.

Please help

No Title

W2 is your earning statement, it is not tax return. Tax return is form 1040 you filed with IRS every year. Hope this help.

No Title

Hi,

Do I need to give tax returns - 1040 filled forms? I am not sure about this. Please help

No Title

When you filed your taxes you must have made a copy for yourself (from 1040 and your copy of W2 ) - BTW, you need to keep a copy for yourself for three years at least! - You need to submit a copy of these along with whatever else that INS asked for in your RFE. Hope this helps. Good luck!

No Title

I think INS asking for Tax Return (form 1040) is ligit. They want to see if you worked for someone else for that year! Because 1040 will show all the companies you worked for.

No Title

It is normal for INS to ask for the copies of tax returns in certain cases. I have friends who were asked to show their tax returns during the interview.

No Title

Hi,

I have got 1099 under my EAD. Should I show all my tax returns (copy of 1040 forms) including my 1099s or Can I send just W-2s?

Also can I change my attorney at this RFE stage? Experts Please help

No Title

If you have Tax Returns as per the RFE request then you have to submit all the details such as W2, 1099 and tax filings (1040 etc.). First get the true story from your attorney/owner (interesting combination) etc. I smell something. It is usual that INS asks for such information. I filed such information when filing for I485 itself. Make sure you get a copy of the RFE so you what has been asked.

Bhanu

No Title

You have to send the latest 1040 filed with the IRS which indicates all your earnings. If you got your taxes prepared from a CPA, he/she would have given you a copy of the returns filed. you don\'t have to send your state and local tax returns. you should also include W-2\'s, 1099,etc. which is listed in 1040.

Remember, you have to send your taxes filed in year ending april 2001 and a year before that. couple of latest paystubs woudn\'t hurt.

No Title

If you did not make a copy of your 1040 forms before you filed them with IRS, you can request copies from the IRS. But I do not know how much time that will take.

No Title

If you dont have a copy, go to local IRS office ... pay them around 50 bucks and you can get the whole set of copies that u filed ...it just takes few mins.

No Title

I think this RFE is very normal one. I filed my tax returns documents for previous 3 years, applying for I-485 as well as my W2 and my spouse\'s W2. My attorney asked for these documents.

Hope this helps.

Ram

No Title

Hi,

I agree it is a normal one. But I have 1099s and my attorney is employer\'s wife. If she tells my employer I might be in a jynx. Any adivse would be greatly appreciated

No Title

I agree with dna. Get the 1040 from local IRS office and send it to INS. If tax returns are clear, I would suggest, send 1999 and 2000 tax returns.

Vinayak

No Title

Hi Vinayak,
Do you know whether we can get a copy of 1040 that we had filed for an earlier year from the local IRS office.Or are you talking about the transcripts that IRS sends which are computer generated. Appreciate your help.

No Title

Send all the documents and forms that you used for filing your tax returns. or try to get a copy from IRS

No Title

Hi Bene,
APpreciate your quick response. I do have all the necessary documents except for a photocopy of a 1040 for one of my earlier year tax returns. In my case they asked info for the past two years. This is a RFE ( emp. letter, prior two years tax info, and earning statements ..) . I managed to get a copy of the transcript (computer generated) from IRS which is about 8- 9 pages by calling their 800 number and requesting to fax those to me. My question is, for RFE will this transcript suffice ( which gives a line by line information of what is there in 1040). Appreicate your input on this.

Thanks again.

No Title

Call 1-800-829-1040 and they will fax the copies of your tax return in 10 minutes. Remember you can always ( for the last three years) get copies of your tax return in mail or fax like I mentioned above. Hope this helps.

No Title

Hi mdmacri,
Thanks for your response. For one of the past year\'s tax return I DO NOT have a PHOTOCOPY of the 1040 form that I filed with my tax return. For this particular year I have a copy of the transcript (computer generated) faxed to me by IRS. This copy is about 8-9 pages and has the information that we provide on the 1040 form. I have a RFE .(emp. letter, tax info, earning statements..) I do have W2 and all the other information for this particular year . My question is for the tax details that INS requested is it ok to use the transcript/copy faxed to me my INS as a substitute for 1040.

For the other year (they have requested tax info for two years) I have copies of all the forms. (1040, w2....)

Please let me know.

Thank you all guys for your quick repsonses.