Oct. I-140 filers at NSC, pl. respond

please answer my basic questions

i am less familiar with procedures and steps to green card and definitely did not understand some of things posted in this forum.
my lawyer has filed for both-EB1 EA and EB2-NIW (RD (9/03) at the same time. i got an RFE for EB1 but did not hear anything about EB2. my lawyer did not file for 485.
i have noticed that many of you have applied for I140 and 485 concurrently. should i ask my lawyer why he did not do so? did he do an incomplete job?
what does FP, AD, EAD mean. if EAD is employment authorisation, can u file for EAD even before I140 approval? :confused: can someone please clear my confusion.
thank you

AP ==> Advance Parole
EAD ==> Employment Autoisation Document
FP ==> Finger Printing

You can file for I-485 today. Ask your lawyer.

Yes you can apply for EAD and AP along with your I-485.

AP is needed for reentry in case you don't have H1-B stamp on your passport.

HTH

fingerPrinting

I and my wife went to the INS center for fingerprinting on june 29,2004 .In case of my wife it stil shows online that the a notice has been mailed to you for fingerprinting on may 28 for fingerprinting while currently now in my case it has changed form "notice has been sent on may 28 for fingerprinting" to it shows that on july 7 your finger prints have been reviewed and the processing in your case has resumed again .
Does anyone know why is there a difference in the status online when we went together for fingerprinting? Is there a problem ?