Oct 2009 filers, post here.

If it is over 90 days (for EAD/AP) your case will be upgraded to be answered by an IO, until then the best you can do is wait. I would say, if you dont receive anything within 30 days of your FP, call and inquire (things get lost in mail).

thomas, you are certainly right! i'm just inpatient (i guess?) and moreover my boss kept asking me to contact lawyer to have them speed it up.. i told my boss that no one can speed this up but he kept pushing..

maihuynh - i was also told that if after 90 days you haven't received your EAD you can go to local INS office and they would have to issue you the EAD on the spot (i'm not quite sure though how to calculate the 90 days, if it is from day application is submitted, or being received)

EAD card production for my parents case was ordered. It took a bit more than a month since they did walk-in FP.
By the way, does this mean that the local officer touched the case? or EAD approval is done by NSC?

Good luck to everybody and happy thanksgiving.

Thomas_psu: After FP, I went outside and ask the officer to ask for the processing time. She made a call to immigration office and was told my EAD approved. She also told me just wait for about 10 days to receive. Until now, it has been 12 days. I have not received anything??? I received my AP 4 days after I made a call to IO.
Confused_alien: Me too, I'm an impatient person too. I can not stand when i have to wait for something for a long time

--------------------------------------------------------
03/26/07: Met my love in Vietnam
08/26/07: Came to U.S. on F-1 Visa. (Mississippi school)
08/12/09: Married to a USC. ( after 2 years living together)
09/16/09: Package sent to Chicago (485/130/765/131).
09/23/09: Received notice receipts.
10/25/09: Called USCIS to ask why I have not received anything
10/28/09: Travel documents approved notice
10/29/09: Receive Fingerprint notice scheduled (11/12/09)
11/12/09: Done biometrics. (Told EAD approved, wait about 10 days to receive)
Waiting...?????

Last edited by a moderator:
Until now, it has been 12 days. I have not received anything?

I received my EAD about 20 days after the FP. The number of days varies. Did you get any online updates such as "card production ordered" or anything like that? Obviously you can call...

Thomas_psu: I check online 3 times per day, everyday, until now, i have not seen anything changed.. hix... kind of suck for me....

I went around, have seen everybody so quickly. Look at me kind of bad luck or something... hix..

---------------------------------------------------
Waiting...?????

I went around, have seen everybody so quickly. Look at me kind of bad luck or something...

After reading your post, I paid more attention to your signature. You applied in September and it does seem things are moving very slowly in your district Office. I was wondering,could the delay be because you were on F1 visa? I havent seen timelines of people with F1 in these recent months on the forum to compare.

All I can add is... hang in there, if you have called uscis and done all you can... just have to wait for your letter/ EAD in the post whenever they want to send it.

I received my EAD about 20 days after the FP. The number of days varies. Did you get any online updates such as "card production ordered" or anything like that? Obviously you can call...

Tom, seems most of our DO's are working slower. And unfortunately, there is nowhere we can folowup with that info. It's been 21 days since I had my FP. The last update on my page was a day after my FP - my 1-485 and 1-765 were updated. I am just waiting as there as nothing I can do for now.:(

Is it fair?

After reading your post, I paid more attention to your signature. You applied in September and it does seem things are moving very slowly in your district Office. I was wondering,could the delay be because you were on F1 visa? I havent seen timelines of people with F1 in these recent months on the forum to compare.

All I can add is... hang in there, if you have called uscis and done all you can... just have to wait for your letter/ EAD in the post whenever they want to send it.

As you said, it might cause of I was on F-1 Visa so my case could be delaied, it's sound like not fair to all international students..:( I hate to be treated different from others..:mad: But, anyway, thanks for your inf. I'll try my best to wait.. I'm not paitient anyway :p:D
I called IO this morning and was told the processing time is 4 months from the filling date.. I'm not sure I can be on that schedule..:(

-------------------------------------------------------
Waiting...?????

abhijithbc, did you manage to do your fingerprinting?

monsoonbreeze79,

I received the bio-appointment letter today! I was out of town for a couple of days, maybe it was in the mailbox yesterday.. lol .. i wanted to call USCIS customer care since its been 1 month from the NOA1... but fortunately I got it!!

Just to clarify a few things:
1. maihuynh82: F-1 has nothing to do with AOS processing (absolutely NOTHING)

2. monsoonbreeze: Usually, if you do a walk-in early, nothing really happens till your actual appointment date passes (I said "Usually"). It just gets the FP out of the way, look for your case to move faster once your actual FP date passes.

3. DO causes delays. I mean, the earliest you can expect an IL is about 45-60 days after your application date. So most of you guys will get something in the next couple of weeks.

Just to clarify a few things:
1. maihuynh82: F-1 has nothing to do with AOS processing (absolutely NOTHING)

2. monsoonbreeze: Usually, if you do a walk-in early, nothing really happens till your actual appointment date passes (I said "Usually"). It just gets the FP out of the way, look for your case to move faster once your actual FP date passes.

3. DO causes delays. I mean, the earliest you can expect an IL is about 45-60 days after your application date. So most of you guys will get something in the next couple of weeks.

Hi Thomas,

Just wondering, when and how does it become not "usual"?
Some forum members got IL before their originally scheduled FP appointment.
Just luck?

Ahsieh: It depends on what cases they are on. I've seen some of them base on working ( If I'm right).

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting...?????

OMG, OMG!!!! I'm living in a same house, the same address... I have just received the notice by phone from the Immigration is:

The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxxx716

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Notice Returned as Undeliverable.

On November 27, 2009, the post office returned the notice we last sent you on this case I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing address for this notice to be re-sent.

Damn it!!!!!!!. What's wrong with this???

I had to call them to request the resending my notice back...

----------------------------------------------------------
09/23/09: Received notice receipts.(Day 7)
10/25/09: Called USCIS to ask why I have not received anything.(Day 33)
10/28/09: Travel documents approved notice.(Day 36)
10/29/09: Receive Fingerprint notice scheduled (11/12/09).(Day 37)
11/12/09: Done biometrics. (Told EAD approved, wait about 10 days to receive).(Day 51)
11/27/09: Received message from IO stated the Noticec I-485 and I-765 were returned back.(Day 66)
11/27/09: Called IO to request resending the Notice…(Day 66)
Waiting...?????

Belated Thanksgiving and Eid Mubarak greetings. I hope everyone's in the best of health and spirits!!!

abhijithbc,
congrats!! thats great news.

Thomas_psu
thanks for the clearing the F1 theory.( I fall into that group, too.) I hope I will be getting any communication soon it's already past the 45 day mark(today is day 48) though I know the holidays also are a reason things are moving a bit slower.

maihuynh82,
Sorry to hear of the news but atleast now you know why you werent receiving anything through the mail. I would also contact your local post office to reconfirm your address. Best of luck!!

I was wondering is there anyone in our october group who has had his/her petition approved ?(I-130/1-485).

I was wondering is there anyone in our october group who has had his/her petition approved ?(I-130/1-485).

I don't think anybody who filed in October have his/her I-485 approved. The average processing time is like 3-4 months. I've applied I-1485 for my wife who has already her I-130 approved. I'm not sure with I-130 approved things proceed faster than I-130/1-485 filed concurrently.

Hope you had a good thx giving and eid..

Regards

Am I bad luck as worst as this????

Belated Thanksgiving and Eid Mubarak greetings. I hope everyone's in the best of health and spirits!!!

abhijithbc,
congrats!! thats great news.

Thomas_psu
thanks for the clearing the F1 theory.( I fall into that group, too.) I hope I will be getting any communication soon it's already past the 45 day mark(today is day 48) though I know the holidays also are a reason things are moving a bit slower.

maihuynh82,
Sorry to hear of the news but atleast now you know why you werent receiving anything through the mail. I would also contact your local post office to reconfirm your address. Best of luck!!

I went to the post office to ask what happened? Was told "Don't know"... I told them just make sure any mail come to my address.. because other letters came exactly....

Could anybody guess what kind of notice is that? Because there were 2 letters in the same time....:confused::confused::confused:

:mad::mad::mad:
The last processing action taken on your case

Receipt Number: MSCxxxxxx2716/MSCxxxxxx2719

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status: Notice Returned as Undeliverable.

On November 27, 2009, the post office returned the notice we last sent you on this case I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION as undeliverable. This may have serious effects on processing this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update your mailing address for this notice to be re-sent.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

:mad::mad::mad:

----------------------------------------------------------
09/23/09: Received notice receipts.(Day 7)
10/25/09: Called USCIS to ask why I have not received anything.(Day 33)
10/28/09: Travel documents approved notice.(Day 36)
10/29/09: Receive Fingerprint notice scheduled (11/12/09).(Day 37)
11/12/09: Done biometrics. (Told EAD approved, wait about 10 days to receive).(Day 51)
11/27/09: Received messege from IO stated the Noticec I-485 and I-765 were returned back.(Day 66)
11/27/09: Called IO to request resending the Notice…(Day 66)
Waiting...?????

I went to the post office to ask what happened? Was told "Don't know"... I told them just make sure any mail come to my address.. because other letters came exactly....

Could anybody guess what kind of notice is that? Because there were 2 letters in the same time....

It could be a Notice of action receipt. You can always call USCIS to check what the notice was about.

Usually you will have your name labeled inside your mailbox. Make sure they exactly match with what's in the USCIS records. Talk to post man that delivers your mail and explain your situation so that it does not happen again.

Good luck!