Oct 03 Approved

Antipod

Registered Users (C)
My I-485/I-140 were approved on 11/1 while I was on vacation with my family in Mexico. Everything was approved on the same day.
We, certainly, were very happy to find that out when we returned to the US today. Nice ending to a vacation that already was great!
We entered the US in Detroit using APs without knowing about the approval. The officer made us wait until they finished with all passengers on our flight. That took about 15-20 minutes and a few wastefully burnt neuron cells. When they finally got back to us, it only took 5 minutes or so to check the papers, put new stamps in our passports (not a GC one) and let us go. They never told us that our I-485s were approved.
RD date for I-140 and I485 was Oct 7, 2003.

Nakonec-to etot marazm konchilsa...! Vodki iz duty free uzhe pochti ne ostalos' ;))

Antipod,
Any dependents on your I-485? If so did they get approved along with you??

I got approved (I-140+485, Sep-2003) last week but not my wifey, hence the question.
-M&M

Thanks for the good words, guys! And thanks for being on this forum.
As far as the question about dependents - yes my wife and two kids were approved on the same day. I don't believe that my or any of my dependents' LUD changed prior to the approval..

Thanks again. Best of luck to everyone!

I have applied for GC through marraige, and am waiting for AP. However I need to travel to India. I am on H1B status(no stamp of visa on passport) which expires 12/31/04(renewal in process). If I receive the AP while out of US, would it be possible if someone were to mail it to me and then I can use it, so not to go to Indian consulate for stamping, since I return after my H1 expires? Would it be a problem? Any help or advice would be useful.