Oct 02 Case APPROVED - 2ND FP Theory

jafa1

Registered Users (C)
Hi !,

I feel luck has gone my way on this one compared to so many others waiting behind me ...... but I just checked today, expecting a 2nd FP pretty soon but to my amazement saw it was approved on Mar20.

My first FP was back in Jan 03 so I'm coming upto the 15 month mark. I am pretty sure that my file was probably pulled for that and they must be approving some straight forward cases at that time. ( well thats the theory ).

Details:
Sustitute Labor
EB3 Concurrrent Filing.

eac03040524xx

I485-RD Oct 23 2002
I485-ND Nov 21 2002

FP1 ~ Jan 2003

I140 RFE ~ Oct 2003 ( Lawyer had not sent complete copy of labor and needed to sign a form agreeing to represent me )
I140-AD ~ Nov 2003.

I485-AD 20 Mar 2004 ( online status ) No RFE.

Did not move or change jobs throughout.

Good luck to you all, this as been a great board.

Cheers

jafa

Updated Rupnet

Thanks I have Updated Rupnet - Oct 02 count moves to 5 may it continue to climb.

Originally posted by dsatish
congrats. You are one of those 1% lucky guys for whom FP expiry theory worked.

Congratulations, dsatish! For being a Moderator.
There is movement indeed! At least somebody is climbing the ladder. Be careful of potential falls as you may fall from it! And GOOD MORNING.

Congratulations

Jafa1,

Congratulations on your approval.

My dates are similar to yours.

Can you please post the following details about your case:

--When was your case status last updated before the approval?

I did my FP 1 in Jan 2003, however my FP ststus has not been updated..it still says that "notice was sent to appear for FP.....".

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats!!! Pls. post your EAD dates..

Hi,
Congratulations!! You are a free man today!! Enjoy it!

I have similar dates as yours. Can you give us your EAD dates plus other details..
I have my 3rd EAD coming up. Was wondering whether I shoul wait for my good news or apply for the 3rd EAD. What happened in your case??

To Inline 2

Hi InLine,

Back after FP1 in Jan 03, my online status did update to the "FP results received and processing has resumed on your case blah blah balh" ( can't remember the exact wording but its a standard message that most do get ) This happened about 6 weeks after finger printing from memory ... so probably in Feb 03 some time. That message then stayyed the same for the rest of the time until the approval message appeared a couple of days ago.

Maybe you should call them to see why, don't know if that will do any good , but it does seem strange that your status did not update. I think there is also an fbi number you can call to see if they did send the results back to BCIS.

Good luck

To TheGCWait

Hi tgw,

Yeah I didn't include dates for AP and EAD, lets see:

Applied for AP1 and EAD1 along with the I140 and I485 applications in Oct 2002. Recieved them in Dec 2002

Applied for AP2 and EAD2 ( a little early ) in Aug 2003 )
Recieved them in Sep 2003.

hadn't started thinking about a 3rd lot, but was expecting a 2nd FP shortly.

If your within 6 months I'd apply for the 3rd EAD if I was you. Anything to get them to touch your case, can't hurt. Maybe there is only one officer who is following the 2FP theory or even EAD theory and I was just lucky enough to get touched by them.

Other details about my case ( But these shouldn't influence approval time one way or the other, or if they did it would be in the I140 stage - but I'll include them fwiw )
* I never used EAD or AP, had HIB through out.
* Was a labor substitute case , original labor was from a different state to where I work. labor was for a guy in MA were the corp office is)
* Travelled to Canada 4 times on H1B during this time and Australia once.
* Work for a large publicly traded consulting firm has sponsored many through the same law firm.
* I am single ( no second application to match with it )
* I am from Australia (should be totally unrealated).

Thats all I can think of right now.

jafa

FP

Jafa1,

Thanks for your response.

I had called the FBI number and they told me that the FP results were sent back the very next day.

I called the National Support Center 800 number a couple of times and got the standard reply that "we are currently processing so and so date....".

I guess I will just have to wait.