OCI - Washington DC Tracker

OCI and SC applied in November, Still no outcome!

I applied for OCI in November and I see from Fedex online confirmation that it reached Washington DC office on Nov 13th, A month later, I checked the online OCI tracker and it confirmed that they have received the package.
Since then, the OCI online Inquiry system says "no information", and I have not received my indian passport yet. Does anyone know what is happening?
Should I go to Washington DC and meet with them personally ?

Online OCI Inquiry site is not working !!

Hello
I am trying this link "http://ociindia.nic.in/ociindia/OnlineOCIenquiry.jsp" today, and it is not working. Is it happening to others?

Hi all. My dates are below ... I sent my US Passport to the Embassy on 1/18/2011. It was delivered on 1/20/2011 (USPS Priority with Tracking). Still have not received my passport + OCI back. I have tried emailing the Embassy, as well as calling the one number I have, which was on the email they sent me after the documents arrived. No reply so far. Needless to say I'm getting worried. It is supposed to take only 7 days to issue U visa + OCI card. It's now 15. I also have foreign travel coming up in a few weeks. Any advice? Would going to the Embassy in person be of help?

OCI Applied: October 2010
Printing date: December 25, 2010
Date sent to Washington: January 14,2010
Email sent by Embassy: January 17, 2010

Hi all. My dates are below ... I sent my US Passport to the Embassy on 1/18/2011. It was delivered on 1/20/2011 (USPS Priority with Tracking). Still have not received my passport + OCI back. I have tried emailing the Embassy, as well as calling the one number I have, which was on the email they sent me after the documents arrived. No reply so far. Needless to say I'm getting worried. It is supposed to take only 7 days to issue U visa + OCI card. It's now 15. I also have foreign travel coming up in a few weeks. Any advice? Would going to the Embassy in person be of help?

OCI Applied: October 2010
Printing date: December 25, 2010
Date sent to Washington: January 14,2010
Email sent by Embassy: January 17, 2010

Successful CP 8/17/2005
--------------------------------------------
N400 TSC 6/3/2010
Interview letter sent 8/10/2010
Interview & Oath taken, ATL 9/16/2010
---------------------------------------------
OCI Application sent 10/28/2010
Documents stamped 12/25/2010
Docuements received in Washington 1/14/2010
US Passport sent 1/17/2010
US Passport deliver 1/18/2010
Passport/OCI returned ???????

I also have same timelines for OCI and still waiting for my US pp to receive back. I am hoping that we will get it today.

Thanks emno. Good to know that I'm not alone! I saw some others who had their passports stamped within a few days and that worried me.

Thanks emno. Good to know that I'm not alone! I saw some others who had their passports stamped within a few days and that worried me.

I feel relexed too now that I am not alone.
Delay might be due to 26th jan holiday and some people might have combined it making long weekend.
just a guess.

It could be that they are getting applications from Travisa and are under the gun to get them done. Keep sending emails to the embassy. Maybe it will jog their memory and they will get back to your stuff. We got our docs back two days after they received the passports. Send the email and see what happens... include your name, file number, docs rec'd in DC date and when they rec'd your passport.

this make 3 of us.

Strength in numbers! So we have Jan 20 (two of us) and Jan 27. I'll keep emailing. I'm not that far from the District, so I think I can make a visit next week too. The thing is, I have travel coming up at the beginning of March, so the pressure's mounting!

Strength in numbers! So we have Jan 20 (two of us) and Jan 27. I'll keep emailing. I'm not that far from the District, so I think I can make a visit next week too. The thing is, I have travel coming up at the beginning of March, so the pressure's mounting!

Hey GS, in case you plan to vist them, please let me know, I will give my details to you and if you can exten thios favour please ask about my case also. I can not travel there it is long drive for me.

Hey GS, in case you plan to vist them, please let me know, I will give my details to you and if you can exten thios favour please ask about my case also. I can not travel there it is long drive for me.

Will be glad to. I'll PM you in the evening -- after it's clear that UPS isn't bringing the passport today. I'll probably go tomorrow, weather permitting.

Hi All,

I had applied for mine and my families OCI sometime in 25-Jun-2010. My application entered in the system. I have a file acknowledgment number.

I have been waiting for a while to see a change to my status. I am yet to receive anything from the Indian Embassy.

I have sent emails to them asking for status since Nov of last year and tried calling several numbers, no one is picking up. I have left several voice mails.

I am not really what to do next?
I have talked to some of my friend about going to Washington,DC ( it is a 6hr drive for me to get there) and they warned me not to go to the Embassy without an appt.
Does anyone know how to get an appt with the embassy?

Is it worth just showing up there?

I have heard getting parking near the Embassy is a hassle as well?

One of my friends visited the embassy a while ago for a different purpose and enquired about OCI status. He was told all OCI applications have been approved and i need to check the website for an update. This was a month ago.

I have not seen any update at the OCI Online Services to my case?

I am at my wits end.

Can anyone suggest, what i should try next? Is it worth taking a trip to Washington Embassy, without an appt and dragging the children there?

Any suggestions is welcome.

diraviam: That is an abnormally long time ... and yes, the Embassy says on their OCI website that all OCI applications filed before December 2010 have been approved. I have a feeling that your case has somehow fallen through the cracks somewhere. I certainly wouldn't drag the kids over on a 6 hour drive without an appointment. I've not read anything about getting an appointment at the Embassy. I did read on a post that the best time to go is after 1230pm and to go directly to the 1st floor and ask for OCI. I'm 1h30m away -- I will be going this week: tomorrow or Thursday, if there's too much snow tomorrow. I will be glad to share what I find out this week. Other than that, I don't know what else to suggest for you. The Embassy is infuriating in its lack of access and response to calls/emails --- is there a way to contact the OCI division at the MEA in India itself?

Thx GS28, for the reply.

Appreciate all the help.

Embassy site now has this update. I did not notice this few weeks ago.

===========================================
The OCI Cards for all applications received and processed by the Embassy till December 2010 are ready for issue.
PLEASE SEND YOUR ORIGINAL USA PASSPORT/S ALONG WITH OCI FILE NO TO THE EMBASSY
(OCI Wing,
EMBASSY OF INDIA,
2536 MASSACHUSETTS AVE NW,
WASHINGTON DC 20008. ) We cannot issue the OCI Card without pasting the Visa sticker on the applicants US passport.

==========================================================

Would it be ok to send the passport, given that my status has not changed on their online system?

Dear diraviam: Given that some of us who have their information in the online system have not yet gotten our Passports back, I'm not sure that sending in your Passport is wise. Also, I got an email from the Embassy (believe it or not) on Jan. 17 saying that my OCI card was ready and I should send my passport (Others didn't get a similar email). However, at the bottom it says, "We would request you send your US Passport within the next 6-8 weeks, after which we will not be liable for the safe-keep of the OCI card." You've been waiting longer than this. If you can't get through to the Embassy (which, it seems, is impossible to accomplish), a personal visit might be worthwhile.

Parking near the Embassy is a pain, but not impossible.

Anyway, perhaps others with more experience may have more insight?

Ok folks, just got back from the Embassy in Washington. Bottom line, as relayed to be my Mr. Nateshan, the officer who issues OCI cards/stamps: "We sent out the notifications in mid-January, but were not prepared for the sudden large influx of applications. We have received nearly 1800 in a week. The office only has 2 staff members to process all this. We processed nearly 220 yesterday alone. Please be patient. We will clear the backlog by this week or the next." He also acknowledged that he had gotten an email from me (more like 4! And several voice-mails!) and was very apologetic. He took down my application # (I basically gave him a printout of the email the Embassy had sent me on Jan. 17. @Emno: I gave him your case number as well.) and assured me that it will be processed soon. He did not have a way of looking anything up, because everything is processed manually and he pointed at various tubs of FedEx and UPS mailers of applications that had come in.

Other information: The OCI in-person inquiry is on the 1st floor of the Consular wing and opens promptly at 1230, and not a minute earlier. You ring the bell and the babu lets you in; you go in, sign a register and it's in a little office on the left. Of course, the fact that these are the hours and this is the procedure isn't written in anywhere on the website or in the Consular wing. I asked the babu fellow when I first arrived (speaking in Hindi) at 11:00 and he told me to return at 1230. It was only thanks to information from this forum that I had an idea of the 1230 time and where to go. There were 3 other gentlemen in line with me, all with the same issue, and it seems, also with travel coming up. All got the same assurance.

Here's the best part. I got back and what was in the mailbox? Yep! My passport and OCI card! Ha ha! It was mailed yesterday, so I guess mine was among the 220 that was processed yesterday. For the others still waiting, I hope yours arrives soon.

thanks for the information . Hope I will get it sooner.

Recieved passport in DC JAN 27 .

Ok folks, just got back from the Embassy in Washington. Bottom line, as relayed to be my Mr. Nateshan, the officer who issues OCI cards/stamps: "We sent out the notifications in mid-January, but were not prepared for the sudden large influx of applications. We have received nearly 1800 in a week. The office only has 2 staff members to process all this. We processed nearly 220 yesterday alone. Please be patient. We will clear the backlog by this week or the next." He also acknowledged that he had gotten an email from me (more like 4! And several voice-mails!) and was very apologetic. He took down my application # (I basically gave him a printout of the email the Embassy had sent me on Jan. 17. @Emno: I gave him your case number as well.) and assured me that it will be processed soon. He did not have a way of looking anything up, because everything is processed manually and he pointed at various tubs of FedEx and UPS mailers of applications that had come in.

Other information: The OCI in-person inquiry is on the 1st floor of the Consular wing and opens promptly at 1230, and not a minute earlier. You ring the bell and the babu lets you in; you go in, sign a register and it's in a little office on the left. Of course, the fact that these are the hours and this is the procedure isn't written in anywhere on the website or in the Consular wing. I asked the babu fellow when I first arrived (speaking in Hindi) at 11:00 and he told me to return at 1230. It was only thanks to information from this forum that I had an idea of the 1230 time and where to go. There were 3 other gentlemen in line with me, all with the same issue, and it seems, also with travel coming up. All got the same assurance.

Here's the best part. I got back and what was in the mailbox? Yep! My passport and OCI card! Ha ha! It was mailed yesterday, so I guess mine was among the 220 that was processed yesterday. For the others still waiting, I hope yours arrives soon.