OCI - Washington DC Tracker

VM and Emmo, you know how its been with the Indian Embassy websites in last few months. They change the contents on the website so much that you can't really be sure what is there benchmark and the policies when you are in the process of getting something from them.

I wish I could find and point you to that paragraph :)

VM, yes, I did have guts to fight him over, since I was Indian citizen at that point and had many ids to prove it ;-) --- but the only way to get out of there without any questions, is "Do not greet them or say thank you after he is done, do not look into their eyes, look anywhere else but the guy who is examining your documents"

Thanks sam012007.
I guess this is going to be mot difficult and confusing part of the US Citizenship journey.

Well Indian Embassy is upto something once again.

Wife's Printed date moved from 11/26 to 11/27
Kid's Printed date moved from 11/26 to 11/27 to 11/29

Same here. Stuck at 11/29. Hope this post does not jinx it now. LOL.

It's crap. I was hoping to get it done by mid December before planning travel. :(

Date Of Acknowledgment
10-NOV-2010
Application Status
Registration Status
UnderProcess

so far no change in my case, don't no what is going on....

How many days did it take to get acknowledged? My wife and daughter's was received on Nov 10.

Same here. Stuck at 11/29. Hope this post does not jinx it now. LOL.

It's crap. I was hoping to get it done by mid December before planning travel. :(

I have a feeling that we would be done by the end of December, mid December may be too much to expect by the way processing is going.

One question:

I am applying with spouse and kid.
I have to attach Part A self
Part A spouse
Part a kid
and then Part B.

Now ehere to attach the supported documents for each of us?
Shoudl I attach them with each part A and keep part B seperate stapled?

thanks

Update for my wife's case today:

09/20/2010: OCI Docs 2 DC
09/21/2010: RECD at DC
10/21/2010: Ack'ed
11/11/2010: Scanned
11/20/2010: Granted
11/27/2010: Printed
12/02/2010: Dispatched

Last edited by a moderator:
Updates for my Kid's today

10/06/2010: OCI Docs 2 DC
10/07/2010: RECD at DC
11/03/2010: Ack'ed
11/15/2010: Scanned
11/20/2010: Granted
11/29/2010: Printed
12/03/2010: Dispatched

One question:

I am applying with spouse and kid.
I have to attach Part A self
Part A spouse
Part a kid
and then Part B.

Now ehere to attach the supported documents for each of us?
Shoudl I attach them with each part A and keep part B seperate stapled?

thanks

Which supporting documents?

VM and Emmo, you know how its been with the Indian Embassy websites in last few months. They change the contents on the website so much that you can't really be sure what is there benchmark and the policies when you are in the process of getting something from them.

I wish I could find and point you to that paragraph :)

VM, yes, I did have guts to fight him over, since I was Indian citizen at that point and had many ids to prove it ;-) --- but the only way to get out of there without any questions, is "Do not greet them or say thank you after he is done, do not look into their eyes, look anywhere else but the guy who is examining your documents"

Also, make sure that you are not humming that old tune "Babuji dheere chalna..."

Photo copies of PP etc.
Should they go after Part A of each applicant or at the end.

As superho said .. go by the punch list. Arrange documents for each applicant as if it was an individual application. A word of advice, do not try be smart (no offence). If it says X blindly provide X even though it might not make sense. I even went to the extent of providing 2 copies of utility bill 1 in each set (Utils are in both of our name showing the address).

Cheers

Friends,

I have sent OCI applications on 11/17/2010 to the Indian embassy, Washington DC for three of us (wife, daughter and myself under "family options"). At the same time, in same package, I included the indian citizenship renunciation applications for wife & myself. All the documents were attached as per the requirements. Fadex delivered the packet to them with a signature next day ie 11/18/2010...

The applications have not been acknowledged yet? How much time it is taking nowadays before they acknowledge OCI applications?

Appreciate any information.

hi sandeep,
the earliest you can expect acknowledgement is around new year. You should consider yourself lucky even if you get ack by Pongal/ Lohri. After ack the process is over in most of the cases in 30 days. Plenty of exceptions are there.

The applications have not been acknowledged yet? How much time it is taking nowadays before they acknowledge OCI applications?

Appreciate any information.
It took a little over month for me. From what I have seem it takes around that time for ack.